clarity

For Sale 2.13ct Jedi Spinel & 1.24ct Red Vietnam Spinel

Dr_Diesel

Brilliant_Rock
Here we go!

2 spinel for sale.

The first is a 2.13ct AIGS Certified Jedi Spinel

IMG_3213.jpegIMG_3976.jpegIMG_3969.jpeg

The certificate only says “Myanmar” and so don’t have the expertise to get any more specific than that.

It has great crystal, vivid color, very strong fluorescence and amazingly effective cutting. The brilliance is just astounding. This one really dances.

… and it’s over 2ct!

So yes, this is a rare find.

It has a number of transparent inclusions (bubbles, appetite crystals and a feather under the table) that are not visible under normal viewing conditions. When the light hits it head on, fuhgeddaboudit! You can’t see it at all. The brilliance and color overwhelms everything else. Add a little fluorescence with natural light and it glows like a pink ember. When the light source is parallel with the table, the inclusions are detectable but not distracting.

This one is $3250/ct ($6922.5 for the stone)

For my fellow PSers, be sure to let me know who you are - because you get a 3-day return policy.

This is an expensive stone (IMO) and I feel like stones really need to be evaluated in person. I’ve done my best to be as accurate as I can with the description and the videos, but digital media only goes so far.

——————

IMG_4050.jpeg
IMG_4045.jpeg
The other stone I have listed is a super clean 1.24ct red spinel from Vietnam. It was sold to me as pinkish red, but I don’t see any pink at all. It looks like a very open, medium-toned red with maybe the tiniest hint of orange (to my eye). It has strong red fluorescence and remarkable crystal.its almost Loupe Clean.

This one is $1000/ct ($1240 for the stone)

It is not certified, but I could have it certified if you like.

I don’t have any photos or videos in natural light just yet, but I’ll try to get some up as soon as the weather cooperates. It’s been pretty rainy lately.

Feel free to ask any questions you like on it either of these stones.

Why am I selling these???

I just keep realizing that I prefer Corundum over spinel. So, I want to send these beauties to a deserving home and use the resources for other projects or stone purchases.

Last edited:
Whoops!

There was an error in the price of the Jedi Spinel.

$6922.50 was what I paid for BOTH stones, so the Jedi alone is $5698.50 ($2675/ct).

I just updated the listing on LT

Sorry about that.

The Vietnam red was listed correctly

Here’s a better photo & video of the 1.24 Vietnam Red.

This was taken at 7:30 AM with indirect light from a north facing window.

It's enough to spark a little fluorescence.

This is a much more accurate representation of what it looks like during the day.

I believe this color is often referred to as “flame spinel”

It measures 6.43x4.94x4.50mm

IMG_4073.jpeg

Last edited:
Here we go!

2 spinel for sale.

The first is a 2.13ct AIGS Certified Jedi Spinel

IMG_3213.jpegIMG_3976.jpegIMG_3969.jpeg

The certificate only says “Myanmar” and so don’t have the expertise to get any more specific than that.

It has great crystal, vivid color, very strong fluorescence and amazingly effective cutting. The brilliance is just astounding. This one really dances.

… and it’s over 2ct!

So yes, this is a rare find.

It has a number of transparent inclusions (bubbles, appetite crystals and a feather under the table) that are not visible under normal viewing conditions. When the light hits it head on, fuhgeddaboudit! You can’t see it at all. The brilliance and color overwhelms everything else. Add a little fluorescence with natural light and it glows like a pink ember. When the light source is parallel with the table, the inclusions are detectable but not distracting.

This one is $3250/ct ($6922.5 for the stone)

For my fellow PSers, be sure to let me know who you are - because you get a 3-day return policy.

This is an expensive stone (IMO) and I feel like stones really need to be evaluated in person. I’ve done my best to be as accurate as I can with the description and the videos, but digital media only goes so far.

——————

IMG_4050.jpeg
IMG_4045.jpeg
The other stone I have listed is a super clean 1.24ct red spinel from Vietnam. It was sold to me as pinkish red, but I don’t see any pink at all. It looks like a very open, medium-toned red with maybe the tiniest hint of orange (to my eye). It has strong red fluorescence and remarkable crystal.its almost Loupe Clean.

This one is $1000/ct ($1240 for the stone)

It is not certified, but I could have it certified if you like.

I don’t have any photos or videos in natural light just yet, but I’ll try to get some up as soon as the weather cooperates. It’s been pretty rainy lately.

Feel free to ask any questions you like on it either of these stones.

Why am I selling these???

I just keep realizing that I prefer Corundum over spinel. So, I want to send these beauties to a deserving home and use the resources for other projects or stone purchases.
@mintbark
@springerspaniel
@elle_71125
@Lentibulariaceae
@ItsMainelyYou

That pink jedi is freaking gorgeous! Now I just need a money tree to pop up in my back yard so that I could be first in line. :kiss2::drool:

My heart:
im-in-love-in-love.gif

200w.gif

Somebody buy it and put an end to my torture!
But also, nobody buy it...just in case that magical money tree does sprout up in my backyard this weekend. :lol:

I sent an email on the Vietnam spinel, thank!

If the 1.24 pending falls through, please contact me!

The 1.24ct Red spinel from Vietnam sold.

RE the 2.14ct Jedi, I bought it on impulse because I knew I’d probably never find another Jedi over 2ct within my reach again.

I *may* have overspent a wee bit :oops2::roll2:

So, I’m happy to sell at a loss - as long as it stays in the PS family!

Feel free make an offer and don’t be shy about it!

You won’t offend me…and just might just get a really good deal ;)2

Meanwhile, here are some updated videos:

Hand shots, outdoors at 2:00pm with direct overhead sun
Hand shots, outdoors at 7:00am with no direct sun:

Last edited:
Possible to get an indoor at night handshot video? If it even comes close to maintaining the level of saturation we see in the above videos, I would not come down too much on the price!

Possible to get an indoor at night handshot video? If it even comes close to maintaining the level of saturation we see in the above videos, I would not come down too much on the price!

Does this qualify?

The first video in the post is a hand shot at night under warm white LED:

This next one is in the kitchen with Incandescent light:

If you’re still looking for more example videos, please tell me what you need and I’ll be happy to oblige.

Last edited:
Does this qualify?

The first video in the post is a hand shot at night under warm white LED:

This next one is in the kitchen with Incandescent light:

If you’re still looking for more example videos, please tell me what you need and I’ll be happy to oblige.
Those are perfect! They show the stone without being lit up by its fluorescence - which still shows that is a very lovely, saturated bugger! Thanks

ETA: if you DO come down on price, please don't come down by much - that stone is a beaut!

Those are perfect! They show the stone without being lit up by its fluorescence - which still shows that is a very lovely, saturated bugger! Thanks

ETA: if you DO come down on price, please don't come down by much - that stone is a beaut!
I hear you…and thank you for keeping my best interests at heart :love:

I was just taking some more video with its “cousin” - a 2.47ct Mogok “Stoplight Red” spinel…and I thought “OMG! Do I really want to sell this???”

Clearly, I’m a bit conflicted.

*IMGUR is making the Red Spinel look a little orange…but it’s not. It’s a pretty pure red.

Also, while the Mogok Red is also fluorescent (thought not as strong), you can see how it still shows a degree of extinction whereas the Jedi does not.

Hence Vincent Pardieu‘s statement “untouched by the dark side.”

Last edited:
I don't think you've overpayed, for those of us without friends in the trade and being overseas, trying to find a real jedi in that size for that price is practically impossible. IG sellers asking $5k-10k+per ct for these are the norm. Had one seller shamelessly quote me $20k for a 1ct 2 years ago.... LOL the audacity!:lol-2:Anyways, I'd jump on it if I didn't have a few new projects going on and had extra funds!

I don't think you've overpayed, for those of us without friends in the trade and being overseas, trying to find a real jedi in that size for that price is practically impossible. IG sellers asking $5k-10k+per ct for these are the norm. Had one seller shamelessly quote me $20k for a 1ct 2 years ago.... LOL the audacity!:lol-2:Anyways, I'd jump on it if I didn't have a few new projects going on and had extra funds!

Thank you for that. And yeah…that’s shameless!

***PRICE DROPPED****

I need to generate some cash, so reducing the price in hope of a quick sale.

2.13ct @ $2300/ct = $4899 (shipped with AIGS certificate)

sigh

:lickout:

***PRICE DROPPED****

I need to generate some cash, so reducing the price in hope of a quick sale.

2.13ct @ $2300/ct = $4899 (shipped with AIGS certificate)

Why are you hurting me this way? :lol:

57ce08a44ddadd33ec958e779d2115c8.gif

All jokes aside, this is a freaking gorgeous pink spinel. Litterally right up my lane. I want this so badly. Where is that damn money tree y'all?!
(Currently contemplating what I could sell from my unset gem box..:think:).

Btw, I can't believe you like sapphire more, but to each their own (and I'll try not to judge you too harshly for it). Lol.

Why are you hurting me this way? :lol:

57ce08a44ddadd33ec958e779d2115c8.gif

All jokes aside, this is a freaking gorgeous pink spinel. Litterally right up my lane. I want this so badly. Where is that damn money tree y'all?!
(Currently contemplating what I could sell from my unset gem box..:think:).

Btw, I can't believe you like sapphire more, but to each their own (and I'll try not to judge you too harshly for it). Lol.

Sent you a DM

***Sale Pending***

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP