shape
carat
color
clarity

2ct Round Excellent Cut check

1955FL

Rough_Rock
So I purchased this before finding pricescope and learning about H&A’s. What I wanted was symmetry and this one seemed to fit the bill. Does the site linked below use the actual diamond in the 360 video?
I’m reading GIA excellent cuts may vary, so just wanted some feedback. Holloway Cut Advisor score is 1.1 and within TIC range.
I also see “possible” AGS PGC Grade 0

Can you tell the fire, brilliance, and Scintillation from the numbers?
Let me know your thoughts while I read the proposals section.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I’m aware this one is not H&A’s with the table percentage at 59%. When searching, I just filtered for TIC range.

Last edited:
here are the stats, another site calc suggested the cut is too deep and would not display hearts and arrows.
Diamond Stats
Carat:2.0100
Depth:61.00
Table:59.00
Crown:34.50
Pavilion:40.60
Symmetry:Excellent
Measurements:8.09x8.05×4.92

here are the stats, another site calc suggested the cut is too deep and would not display hearts and arrows.
Diamond Stats
Carat:2.0100
Depth:61.00
Table:59.00
Crown:34.50
Pavilion:40.60
Symmetry:Excellent
Measurements:8.09x8.05×4.92

At a basic level, H&A is a level of precision that shows hearts on the pavilion side (with an H&A viewer). Shallow or deep
stones can be cut to show hearts. Unfortunately, some vendors/companies have adopted and expanded this term to mean that their
stones fall within a certain depth/table and crown and pavilion angles (these values can be different depending on the vendor).
This makes it very confusing when using the term H&A.

A depth of 61% would not be considered deep for a round brilliant. Not sure what site you're looking at above that says that.

Pricescope values we typically* try to stick with are...
Depth 60-62.3 %
Table 54-58%
Crown 34-35 degrees
Pavilion 40.6 - 41 degrees (34 crown pairs better with high pavilion like 41; 35 pairs better with low pavilion like 40.6)

You can use the Pricescope search engine at the top of the page. Look for stones that have an EX HCA score...then go from
there.

To know if a stone has H&A percision you need an H&A image showing the hearts.

At a basic level, H&A is a level of precision that shows hearts on the pavilion side (with an H&A viewer). Shallow or deep
stones can be cut to show hearts. Unfortunately, some vendors/companies have adopted and expanded this term to mean that their
stones fall within a certain depth/table and crown and pavilion angles (these values can be different depending on the vendor).
This makes it very confusing when using the term H&A.

A depth of 61% would not be considered deep for a round brilliant. Not sure what site you're looking at above that says that.

Pricescope values we typically* try to stick with are...
Depth 60-62.3 %
Table 54-58%
Crown 34-35 degrees
Pavilion 40.6 - 41 degrees (34 crown pairs better with high pavilion like 41; 35 pairs better with low pavilion like 40.6)

You can use the Pricescope search engine at the top of the page. Look for stones that have an EX HCA score...then go from
there.

To know if a stone has H&A percision you need an H&A image showing the hearts.

Thanks for the info! This forum is so helpful, I already love the community! The site that suggested the cut was too deep is freediamondreport.

I found these photos on ritani, i believe these are actual photos from the 2ct FL I purchased. What do you think?

jl_VGOH_1ath_Tjt_PWTALJ_Znh_KZC_0l_a81ca8740d (1).jpgf1o4owb9_Kxdl_M0_YB_Wjs_Xu_Qws_Ty_U_731314b9e0.jpg

Are those from an ideal scope and ASET scope?

Any idea why they wouldn’t also post the back? Would it not show hearts even if it shows arrows?

The diamond you bought is beautiful. I would not personally pay the premium for FL clarity but there’s nothing wrong with doing that. It’s your money! As to H&A it’s mostly a marketing/branding thing IMO and if you want it, then you need to buy a branded cut that has all the perfect images. You can’t really “cheat” the system and find an H&A in the wild because they don’t provide the necessary imaging to judge and cutters don’t usually bother with that level of precision unless there is a vendor paying for it.

Not the best photos but I purchased an ASET scope from David Atlas and I’m pretty happy with the results! I think it’s worth trying the ASET even if it’s mounted!

IMG_8568.jpegIMG_8566.jpeg

Looks good!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP