shape
carat
color
clarity

5.56 ct Luc yen spinel from JW in TGP/DK setting

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From the beginning of my PS journey, I’ve had a thing for blurple (blue/purple) stones. I coveted Gailey’s from Peter Torraca, Chrono’s (who never agreed to sell it to me, dang it!), petit bijou’s lavender from Brad… I acquired my violet sapphire from Gene years ago, and still love it to bits. However, one day on Instagram, Jeff White posted this beauty and hinted that it might be available. I messaged him immediately but was already second in line. Lucky for me, the first person ended up passing! It was still very pricy, so I had to make some difficult decisions, including parting with my beloved spess ring (which went to a good PS home, at least). Off it went to DK, set in the Intrépide design of The Gemstone Project’s. I know I have a gem set in this design already, but this is an oval, so totally different. ;) I wanted something that framed the stone nicely but wasn’t so blingy that I couldn’t wear it on a regular day.

She’s a moody one… AGL certed it as 70-80% colour change. IMG_1690.jpegIMG_1921.jpegIMG_1914.jpegIMG_1915.jpegIMG_1918.jpegIMG_1930.jpegIMG_1946.jpeg

Gorgeous!

Not the best “family pic”, but tired hands didn’t want to drop anything if taken out of boxes. Right to left: Sapphire, spinel, little sapphire and rectangular cushion tanzanite from Gene, roval lavender spinel from Roger IMG_1931.jpeg

Isn't she just enchanting!! I love her shift from a distinct blue in daylight to a violet under incandescents. She reminds me of a mid-tone tanzanite in that respect. Beautiful cut... even more beautiful mounting. Big congrats, and wear her in wonderful health and happiness!! :appl:

Isn't she just enchanting!! I love her shift from a distinct blue in daylight to a violet under incandescents. She reminds me of a mid-tone tanzanite in that respect. Beautiful cut... even more beautiful mounting. Big congrats, and wear her in wonderful health and happiness!! :appl:

Thank you! It’s funny, that’s how I used to describe what I wanted to alllll the cutters - like a tanzanite, but a spinel! :D

Thank you! It’s funny, that’s how I used to describe what I wanted to alllll the cutters - like a tanzanite, but a spinel! :D

So glad you found your dream stone, my friend!! :dance:

I am so glad that I logged in today and saw this. I was originally going to be buying this one. Unfortunately I have had a pretty rough 12 months and had to pass on it. The pink oval in the Instagram post with this one was what I was intending to pair it with. The pink spinel is currently in limbo, hopefully my life gets back on track and I am able to complete that project.

The setting you have chosen is beautiful, I’m very grateful that it went to PSer so that I was able to see where it ended up.
If you do ever decide to part with this please let me know. It’s such a stunning stone and I haven’t been able to get it off of my mind.

Gorgeous new stone and collection of these colors. Thanks for sharing.

Is the round one the violet sapphire that you mentioned?

Gorgeous stone that is perfect in that setting! Color change stones are the best.

I am so glad that I logged in today and saw this. I was originally going to be buying this one. Unfortunately I have had a pretty rough 12 months and had to pass on it. The pink oval in the Instagram post with this one was what I was intending to pair it with. The pink spinel is currently in limbo, hopefully my life gets back on track and I am able to complete that project.

The setting you have chosen is beautiful, I’m very grateful that it went to PSer so that I was able to see where it ended up.
If you do ever decide to part with this please let me know. It’s such a stunning stone and I haven’t been able to get it off of my mind.

I’m sorry you’ve had a rough year. That pink is an absolute stunner, would love to see what you end up doing with that!

Gorgeous new stone and collection of these colors. Thanks for sharing.

Is the round one the violet sapphire that you mentioned?

Thank you!

Yep, that’s the one. :D

What a fabulous stone and I love the setting! Did you work through TGP or did DK arrange that? I covet one of her settings but haven’t seen her online much.

That is an amazing piece.
That spinel is an extra special stone in a collection of special stones:love:

I'm super jealous. You're lucky to have them!

What a fabulous stone and I love the setting! Did you work through TGP or did DK arrange that? I covet one of her settings but haven’t seen her online much.

Thank you!
Elle/TGP has been working on some things on the back end, preparing to have more of an online presence again. If you want an existing setting of hers, you can work directly with DK (as I did with this ring, only took one CAD) or with her. For a new design, you can contact her.

@NKOTB Thank you for the info on TGP. I was wondering how you did this since Elle hasn't updated anything. I've been wanting one of her settings!

Absolutely gorgeous! The spinel is amazing and the setting does it justice. Such a wonderful piece to have in your collection.

I knew when I saw your thread that it was gonna be good lol - absolutely gorgeous stone and I just love the color change! Beautiful setting too! I have been an admirer of your collection over the years. You have such a good eye for gems and great taste!

Ahhhh it’s so gorgeous and regal! I love everything about it.

Thank you all for your compliments!

I went to an art gallery today, and while I enjoyed the exhibit, I kept getting distracted by my wearable art. :lol:

The pics show more gray than I see in person, except for the very purple one, which looks like it might still be damp after my handwash.

I’m realizing I don’t think I’ve ever had a colour changer quite like this before. There was a sapphire that might be out there in the PS world (I sold to @ilovegemstones but I believe it moved on from there) that definitely had a shift, but this also meets my size requirements. :lol: Anyone remember mood rings??IMG_2115.jpegIMG_2124.jpegIMG_2118.jpeg

It's beautiful @NKOTB ! Do you mean the haloed violet cushion from NSC? Yes I sold that one to a PSer I think on ig! You definitely have a type!

It's beautiful @NKOTB ! Do you mean the haloed violet cushion from NSC? Yes I sold that one to a PSer I think on ig! You definitely have a type!

Yep, that’s the one! I guess I do have a type. =):cheeky:

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics