shape
carat
color
clarity

A Cushion and a Pear....

maldkelton

Shiny_Rock
I'm inheriting my moms 1 ct cushion, and I have a small pear diamond that she had given me from her 1st engagement ring. Im guessing its in the 30-40 point range. I would like to make an easy to wear ring incorporating those. My first thought was to try to find a matching pear, to have a 3 stone made. Possibly with a milgrain bezel. Then, i started going down the rabbit hole, and thought, could I add 2 more stones and do a sort of mismatched 5 stone ring... or add a vertical baguette between the cushion and the pears, to make more of a graduating 5 stone... If you had these two stones, what would you do??? I'm open to all suggestions!

I would do a toi et moi, in the style of Emrata’s ering. I love the tilted pear next to the princess, though I find the proportions of her ring slightly off.

AF4340EE-6FDA-46CD-AA07-3FE6E2B3839D.jpeg

+1 for the toi et mo style, maybe bezeling the pear to increase its visual size next to the cushion, depending on its actual carat weight.

OP can you post a photo of the stones side by side? I agree I'd probably try to make a toi e moi, but seeing the size of the stones would help. There are many different styles to choose from. I'm not a fan of the one posted by @AllAboardTheBlingTrain as I agree the proportions do seem off and I don't really like the way the stones are placed so close together.
Depending on your style preferences you could do something modern similar to this

something like this using the cushion in place of the round

or the traditional/typical style

I think you can find the style you like and play around with stone placement to see how you position the stones so that it is pleasing to you.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP