shape
carat
color
clarity

a gift for the diamond lovers in your life (or yourself)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
i was at nordstrom and picked up a few of these. they are paperweights in the shape of a diamond! they come with their own velvetlike jewelry pouch. i had them gift wrapped and added a miniature xmas ornament to the outside ($2 at nordstrom as well). cute and not too expensive!

Nordstrom Extra Large Faceted Diamond Paperweight

they also have a smaller version:
Nordstrom Large Round Cut Glass Diamond

bottle stopper:
Nordstrom Diamond Shaped Bottle Stopper

and the nordstrom that i went to also had emerald cut diamond - xlarge and large - as well as three small rb red diamonds (set) but i don''t see them on the website

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Ringster...thanks!! White House Black Market has offered the first two for years now. I regretted no getting one! Nordies is cheaper!! Yippeee!!

That smaller one...it just right. Think I will get hubby one for old times sakes. So he can just ponder a bit. He he. §

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh. I "need" that bottle stopper [already have a paperweight]. Onto the list it goes! Thanks for the info!
DB

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Ringster. You are a naughty girl ... or actually maybe I am! I think I have a problem. I just bought the 2 wine stoppers and a paperweight! I love them!
3.gif

Thanks for providing the links and enabling my addiction.
35.gif
9.gif
2.gif

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
dks - you''re welcome! yes, i''m sure your hubby will just love that as a gift
41.gif

DiamanteBlu - i''m tempted to pick up the bottle stopper too but we don''t drink wine enough to warrant it. it is really cute!

sparkalicious - i AM a bad girl
31.gif
for posting it and for picking up 4 of the xlarge. i''m glad you found my links useful!

other nice priced gifts for jewelry lover :
Pottery Barn BIRD JEWELRY HOLDER

Pottery Barn FOREST JEWELRY DISPLAY

I like the beveled glass top of this jewelry box ..
Pottery Barn ANDOVER JEWELRY BOX

i guess i am a very BAD girl....

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Very cool! I''m adding the paperweight to my Christmas wish list!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I was at Ross a few weeks ago...I am such a knucklehead. Arghhh.

You know those heavy jewelry boxes that are mirrors and beveled edges? The box is completely covered in large mirrors? They are contemporary yet can go in any interior. Have sort of a classic elegance and pottery barn has had them many times over the years. Rich velvet interior. Very Substantial. Well, Ross HAD THEM! Big BIG BIG ones! The small one...about the size of a child''s shoe box was only $11.00. The Medium size one-twice your shoe box size was about $14 and the BIG KAHUNA one that would hold a pair of boots...was $19.00. Get OUT!

So guess what I did...I did! I got out-I left!! Thought I would go home and think about it
38.gif
. Well, guess what when I went back someone had snatched them up. Cause they were no longer there. Nothing was there but an empty shelf...a shelf laughing at me! "You thought they would be here when you returned? You Moron!!" PB would have wanted $60 to $90 bucks for them. I wanted to think about it! Arggghhh. §

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Hey...I just got my Tuesday morning flyer...CLICK HERE (page 4-5) and they have the paperweights in all sizes from $5.99 to $19.99. They call them Towle brand. And show them in diamond as well as gemstone colors. Looks like a sapphire, a pink diamond and a green tourmaline or beryl looking stone in an huge Emerald Cut!!
30.gif
Big Really Big!

They they also offer glass bottle stoppers for $9.99. They printed this...not me...you ready? They call the diamond shaped stopper...are you with me? They call it ....drum roll...you are never going to believe it...guess what they call it?....(get on with it) ...ok they call it...DOOR KNOB shaped wine stopper with silver plug and rubber stoppers...keep wine fresh...yadda yadda yadda.

You did get the part that they call it DOOR KNOB!!! RIGHT? Too freakin cool.
36.gif
§

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/4/2007 7:54:25 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
Hey...I just got my Tuesday morning flyer...CLICK HERE (page 4-5) and they have the paperweights in all sizes from $5.99 to $19.99. They call them Towle brand. And show them in diamond as well as gemstone colors. Looks like a sapphire, a pink diamond and a green tourmaline or beryl looking stone in an huge Emerald Cut!!
30.gif
Big Really Big!

They they also offer glass bottle stoppers for $9.99. They printed this...not me...you ready? They call the diamond shaped stopper...are you with me? They call it ....drum roll...you are never going to believe it...guess what they call it?....(get on with it) ...ok they call it...DOOR KNOB shaped wine stopper with silver plug and rubber stoppers...keep wine fresh...yadda yadda yadda.

36.gif
§

Now how cool is that? You must be honored!!!
36.gif

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/4/2007 7:54:25 PM
30.gif
Big Really Big!

36.gif
§
thanks DKS! so you ARE going to get them right?? you are not going to make the same mistake twice, right?!

yay - there is a towle near me. never heard of them before but whaddya know

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Ringster...Yeppers
36.gif

I am going in and getting my darn door knob. I''m going to put it on hubby''s desk
11.gif
...and he is going to get to look at it everyday. And when he moves it to mine...I''m going to place it in his sock drawer...and when he finds it again...and returns it to me...it will show up in his tool box...and then his chair at the table...coat pocket...so on and so on.

It is going to follow him and haunt him...and oh boy I''m going to have fun! This is one door knob that won''t get away...or be thrown away...

I seem to be thinking of the shinning with Jack Nickolson...Didn''t he say..."I''m Back!" or no, was it "Heresssss Johnny" oh poo. I can''t remember. I never saw the shining only that scene. But what ever he said...that is what that knob is going to say to him when he sees the darn thing!!
2.gif
§

Was the terminator I''m back? No that was I''ll be back. Well some movie was I''m back.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are adorable, thank you for posting them.

Linda

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh geez, and I just posted in the "what do you want for christmas thread" that I had everything I could possibly want and was content and then you go and post this and now I''m no longer content and have to have a bowl full of giant, shiny, sparklie, FAKES, that will, no doubt, collect mucho dust and debris and need to be cleaned every day -- wonder if they make a jewelry cleaner big enuf for that stuff -- and do I want to put them in a platinum or gold colored bowl???????
2.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
I loooove these. They have some at Pier 1. linky

I saw them last night, too cute!!

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
I picked this up from the Z Gallery for one of my girlfriends who is diamond obsessed. Her fiance proposed at a golf course earlier this year. He had all of her friends gathered and waiting at the clubhouse to celebrate after he had popped the question. I got a very cute picture of the two of them kissing after the proposal, which I popped in the center. It''s a small gift, but hope she likes!

Diamond Frame.jpg

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Have you all seen the ice trays that pop out little diamonds and gems.

I want one so bad!
1.gif

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/4/2007 11:43:47 PM
Ringster...Yeppers
36.gif

I am going in and getting my darn door knob. I''m going to put it on hubby''s desk
11.gif
...and he is going to get to look at it everyday. And when he moves it to mine...I''m going to place it in his sock drawer...and when he finds it again...and returns it to me...it will show up in his tool box...and then his chair at the table...coat pocket...so on and so on.

It is going to follow him and haunt him...and oh boy I''m going to have fun! This is one door knob that won''t get away...or be thrown away...

I seem to be thinking of the shinning with Jack Nickolson...Didn''t he say...''I''m Back!'' or no, was it ''Heresssss Johnny'' oh poo. I can''t remember. I never saw the shining only that scene. But what ever he said...that is what that knob is going to say to him when he sees the darn thing!!
2.gif
§

Was the terminator I''m back? No that was I''ll be back. Well some movie was I''m back.

hmmm, i think jack n. said "heeeeere''s johnnnnnnnny" so maybe your door knob II can tell your hubbie "heeeere''s DK II"

DKS - you are very evil, in a good way
41.gif

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/5/2007 12:35:29 AM
Author: Matata
Oh geez, and I just posted in the ''what do you want for christmas thread'' that I had everything I could possibly want and was content and then you go and post this and now I''m no longer content and have to have a bowl full of giant, shiny, sparklie, FAKES, that will, no doubt, collect mucho dust and debris and need to be cleaned every day -- wonder if they make a jewelry cleaner big enuf for that stuff -- and do I want to put them in a platinum or gold colored bowl???????
2.gif

you crack me up matata! ROFL!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results