shape
carat
color
clarity

A Project Purchase

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
I have been trying not to buy anything because I can’t wear jewelry currently due to chemo side effects. But I was having a poor me day and checked some of my old haunts. I came across a funny marriage (I think) of a ring that I thought would be a fun project. I want to polish the emerald and sent it for a lab report, and am considering mounting diamonds (single cuts) in the negative space halo, but wanted your thought and opinions. IMG_2683.png

Attachments

• IMG_2682.png
    IMG_2682.png
    543.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2681.png
    IMG_2681.png
    693.9 KB · Views: 39

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
@Mrsz1ppy I was just thinking of you and that amazing brooch! That's a beautiful color on that emerald. How are you feeling?

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
@Mrsz1ppy I was just thinking of you and that amazing brooch! That's a beautiful color on that emerald. How are you feeling?

You are kind to think of me. I had residual cancer after chemo and surgery so I have to have 6 more months of chemo. This particular one is known for the side effect of hand and foot syndrome. Red, swollen and peeling (to the point I have no fingerprints) makes it no fun to wear rings, and difficult to do up fiddly clasps. Roll on October, when I will be done!

I too thought the emerald was a good color and very clear, although small.

Sadly I couldn’t make the brooch work as a bracelet, so it has become an absolutely enormous cluster ring. I will do hand shots once mine have recovered.

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
I love the idea of a project that you get to enjoy and celebrate being done with this round of chemo!

Love the ring as is honestly, I think once you get it in person you might like the negative space/eeny weeny little scrollwork. I'd love to see an IRL photo of it once it arrives! I think that green will be electric.

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
You are kind to think of me. I had residual cancer after chemo and surgery so I have to have 6 more months of chemo. This particular one is known for the side effect of hand and foot syndrome. Red, swollen and peeling (to the point I have no fingerprints) makes it no fun to wear rings, and difficult to do up fiddly clasps. Roll on October, when I will be done!

Sadly I couldn’t make the brooch work as a bracelet, so it has become an absolutely enormous cluster ring. I will do hand shots once mine have recovered.

@Mrsz1ppy October is almost here. Celebrate with a beautiful opal when you're done, for a new start and long term health.

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
I love the idea of a project that you get to enjoy and celebrate being done with this round of chemo!

Love the ring as is honestly, I think once you get it in person you might like the negative space/eeny weeny little scrollwork. I'd love to see an IRL photo of it once it arrives! I think that green will be electric.

Good thoughts. The negative halo could look great in 3-D

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I totally agree! I hope this makes you feel better until October.

ShinyPink

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hugs and well wishes to you. That ring is lovely! :kiss2:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I hope you feel top notch again soon.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you’re on to something! I’ve been wearing much larger earrings since I lost my hip length hair, but a tiara would definitely declare that I’m a girl!

Tiaras, beautiful head wraps with diamond brooches attached, hats with diamond brooches of course, the possibilities are endlessly dramatic and luxurious.

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
As always, the emerald’s color is much better in person, saturated and vivid, as I had gambled. And the scroll work is lovely. Now that I see it, i wouldn’t want to touch it.

I am intrigued by the cut, and wonder if it old? It only has one step cut and a culet. It has abrasions on one side, but is not loose in the mounting, and they are not visible when I am wearing the ring. Question being, should I leave it, or polish it? I’m inclined to send it to AGL and size it only.

Just for grins, the last picture is the vendor’s.
Thanks for your input! IMG_8906.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8904.jpeg
    IMG_8904.jpeg
    299.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_8898.jpeg
    IMG_8898.jpeg
    283.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_8899.jpeg
    IMG_8899.jpeg
    236.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_8900.jpeg
    IMG_8900.jpeg
    247.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2683.png
    IMG_2683.png
    511.1 KB · Views: 26

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, gorgeous!!! Was this at goodwill?!

Joanne10

Shiny_Rock
As always, the emerald’s color is much better in person, saturated and vivid, as I had gambled. And the scroll work is lovely. Now that I see it, i wouldn’t want to touch it.

I am intrigued by the cut, and wonder if it old? It only has one step cut and a culet. It has abrasions on one side, but is not loose in the mounting, and they are not visible when I am wearing the ring. Question being, should I leave it, or polish it? I’m inclined to send it to AGL and size it only.

Just for grins, the last picture is the vendor’s.
Thanks for your input! IMG_8906.jpeg

Stunning! That green! :kiss2: I’m very partial to green, so I could look at emeralds all day. And this is so vivid! I love it. A happy gem for a happy lady!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
It is really beautiful!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

i hope you are having a reasonable day today and the treatment is so successful you can soon put all this behind you
good on you doing something so pretty just for you and i hope you have fun playing around with the possibilities, its going to look fab

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
i hope you are having a reasonable day today and the treatment is so successful you can soon put all this behind you
good on you doing something so pretty just for you and i hope you have fun playing around with the possibilities, its going to look fab

You are the best! I am actually having a good day today, first one in a month! Thank you for your kindness. It touches me.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry you have to go thru chemo:(
As for the ring—I would leave as is. I appreciate the scroll work as is.

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
I am sorry you have to go thru chemo:(
As for the ring—I would leave as is. I appreciate the scroll work as is.

.I agree. Am just sizing it. Thank you for the kind thoughts.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's just perfect! I love that third (hand shot) photo for more perspective. It's unique in the best possible way! And I love that vivid pop of color right in the bullseye!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results