shape
carat
color
clarity

A spooky spinel and cad journey

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been in the mood for a larger grey spinel. I have a cute little guy, and I’ve purchased larger grey spinel and got rid of them in the past (of course when it was cheaper), but I had that itch again.
After looking on insta and being disappointed in the price per ct I was finding, I turned to my favorite source; eBay.
I’d been eying one large but cheap option for a few months / years and finally pulled the trigger, though the photos were not great. She sold it as “purple” but I knew that was going to be a grey purple at best.
Some of you probably have come across it too in your searching.
Here IMG_6157.jpeg
IMG_5698.jpeg
Then I was tasked with finding a setting that would compliment the stone and not look like anything else I have (as you know, that’s a task!)
I wanted to lean into the dark moody spooky color of the stone, but even then- I’ve got snakes, I’ve got my dragons, what else is spooky? I was heavily insurance by Georgian collet rings and the work of Gaetano Chiavetta Jewellery. Which in turn ended up looking insurance’s by @Rfisher too ;-)

It occurred to me one common motif in this style was spiders. I ran with this design and reached out to David Klass who is always more than willing to entertain my setting ideas.
Along with some rambling, here were the indication pics we started with:
IMG_6159.jpeg
IMG_6161.jpeg IMG_6160.jpeg
Here is the first cad iteration
Version 1
IMG_5851.png
Close but aspects felt a bit clunky, and I had a few additional design elements to add.
After only about 4 iterations (which is pretty quick for me! ) we landed on a final design
IMG_6046.png

A dear friend of mine was at DK just today and grabbed a few quick and dirty videos of the ring and it turned out even better than I could have envisioned! I will share a SMTB when/if I get flanker shots and of course photos of my own.

I understand this isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. If you want to tell me you hate it, I won’t be mad lol

Well, it's definitely my cup of tea! I love gothic, spooky, haunting, eery... whatever you want to call it. This is just too cool.

1578512basiuatr3h.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Perfection. Elvira would adore this and so do I.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not MY style at all but I think it’s a fabulous ring and well suited to a dark and moody spinel.
It’s refreshing to see something different and “out there”.

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
I have been in the mood for a larger grey spinel. I have a cute little guy, and I’ve purchased larger grey spinel and got rid of them in the past (of course when it was cheaper), but I had that itch again.
After looking on insta and being disappointed in the price per ct I was finding, I turned to my favorite source; eBay.
I’d been eying one large but cheap option for a few months / years and finally pulled the trigger, though the photos were not great. She sold it as “purple” but I knew that was going to be a grey purple at best.
Some of you probably have come across it too in your searching.
Here IMG_6157.jpeg
IMG_5698.jpeg
Then I was tasked with finding a setting that would compliment the stone and not look like anything else I have (as you know, that’s a task!)
I wanted to lean into the dark moody spooky color of the stone, but even then- I’ve got snakes, I’ve got my dragons, what else is spooky? I was heavily insurance by Georgian collet rings and the work of Gaetano Chiavetta Jewellery. Which in turn ended up looking insurance’s by @Rfisher too ;-)

It occurred to me one common motif in this style was spiders. I ran with this design and reached out to David Klass who is always more than willing to entertain my setting ideas.
Along with some rambling, here were the indication pics we started with:
IMG_6159.jpeg
IMG_6161.jpeg IMG_6160.jpeg
Here is the first cad iteration
Version 1
IMG_5851.png
Close but aspects felt a bit clunky, and I had a few additional design elements to add.
After only about 4 iterations (which is pretty quick for me! ) we landed on a final design
IMG_6046.png

A dear friend of mine was at DK just today and grabbed a few quick and dirty videos of the ring and it turned out even better than I could have envisioned! I will share a SMTB when/if I get flanker shots and of course photos of my own.

I understand this isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. If you want to tell me you hate it, I won’t be mad lol

SO COOL, I can’t wait to see the glamour shot!

Oooh spiders give me the heebie jeebies usually but they work SO WELL for this design and for the stone! I love unusual pieces! Can’t wait to see the finished piece :D

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
YESSSSS so much yes to this I can't wait to see morephotos!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
That looks dark and freaky and fabulous.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results