carat
color
clarity

Absolute Favorite Setting for a 5 Stone

ruffrock

Rough_Rock
Would love everyone's input, please.

Would love everyone's input, please.

I'm biased, but my favorite 5 stone setting is the one I have. It's the Skye from Whiteflash that I customized. https://www.whiteflash.com/right-hand-rings/skye-five-stone-u-prong-diamond-right-hand-ring-570.htm

I find the pictures of the setting on their website not as flattering as it is in person. Here is my thread on my 5 stone that is "real life". https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-whiteflash-5-stone-pics.78859/

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/more-pictures-of-my-wf-5-stone-band.81294/#post-1260920

Last edited:
I'm a bezel person so I like 5 stones in bezels. That's because I'm not gentle with my rings, and I also like them low set. So bezels work for me. I do have 5 stones set in prongs and like those as well. I think choosing what works for you depends on your life style, how careful you are, do you want something that looks more modern or more vintage/antique. There are so many options. So maybe let people know what you are attracted to and they can show you rings in that general style/idea.

five2.jpgfive4.jpg
DKPV2019--11-09--56239 5 Stone  DS---110919 56239 5 Stone DS--1 (1).jpg
Screenshot 2024-07-02 214240.png

I wonder if .30pts will be big enough?

You don’t want to overwhelm your engagement ring. How large is that diamond?

I’m doing half carat stones in my five stone!

4ct, finger size 5.25

Well, at four carats, that puts a different light on a wedding band. Are you able to go to a Tiffany store to try on bands? Tiffany because the carat weight of their diamond bands is consistent so that you could get a better idea of how large you could go with each stone or total carat weight of a band.

Well, at four carats, that puts a different light on a wedding band. Are you able to go to a Tiffany store to try on bands? Tiffany because the carat weight of their diamond bands is consistent so that you could get a better idea of how large you could go with each stone or total carat weight of a band.

Hi,

I did try on a few different sizes and found just over .30pts was what I’m comfortable with. I did try on .40 each and had to remind myself of the purpose of this purchase as being something I could wear working at an NGO.

Now the setting is the next challenge. Wavering between the trellis and @mrs-b setting she chose for her eternity. Concerned the 5 stone won’t have the same aesthetics if I choose her setting. Waiting for her to weigh in.

Hi,

I did try on a few different sizes and found just over .30pts was what I’m comfortable with. I did try on .40 each and had to remind myself of the purpose of this purchase as being something I could wear working at an NGO.

Now the setting is the next challenge. Wavering between the trellis and @mrs-b setting she chose for her eternity. Concerned the 5 stone won’t have the same aesthetics if I choose her setting. Waiting for her to weigh in.

My five stone ring is from Memoire. All five diamonds are .40 each. This ring is 5.5 size. The beauty of it for me is that it is very low set. I don’t see the pavilions of the diamonds as you would with a trellis setting, but the comfort level and the curvature of the stones on the finger is ideal. This is a right hand ring for me and I have worn it every day for almost 20 years with no issues. The problem with any setting that has the girdles of the diamonds exposed runs the risk of cutting into the prongs of the engagement ring which will cause metal damage. I personally would prefer the aesthetic of a band like Mrs-b’s that would be lower set and would pair well with your engagement ring. Hopefully the prongs on her diamonds prevent exposed diamond girdles.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP