shape
carat
color
clarity

Achievement unlocked! All the traditional diamond shapes

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
As of yesterday I have collected natural diamonds in all the traditional diamond shapes. This humble collection reflects a limited budget but I love every diamond. It would not have been possible without all you kind folks. Thanks for looking.

SHAPES
Round

0.50 fancy dark brown pink SI2
1716998893991.png

Princess
1.03 F VS2
1716998894108.png

Oval
0.25 fancy dark violet grey SI1
1716998894155.png

Cushion
0.40 G VS2
IMG_9643.jpeg

Emerald
0.50 G VVS2
1716998894477.png

Asscher
2.05 F VS1
1716998894536.png

Radiant
0.50 fancy deep yellowish orange
1716998894603.png

Heart
0.41 G VS
1716998894859.png

Pear
0.6 F VVS2
1716998894894.png

Baguettes
0.10 N
1716998895031.png

Marquise
0.50 K VVS1
1716998895085.png

@oncrutchesrightnow -

Oh, I love this project! not only does it look great, it totally scratched the OCD in me! And it also just goes to show how you can take *any* size diamond - or colored gem, for that matter - and make it the center of a piece. Great creativity!

Thanks for sharing; this is a fabulous thread and will be referred to many, many times, I'm sure!

:kiss2:

ETA And just to add - that pendant reinforces for me how much I love heart shaped diamonds!

Last edited:
Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!!! Your collection is lovely. Thanks for sharing it and the different settings/styles.

What a great project! Congrats on completing a collection. OMG the color on those fancies -- the violet grey, the deep orange and the pink/brown really sing! The violet grey reminds me of Liz Taylor's eyes...mysterious and sultry. Bravo!

Gorgeous and I love how you included the lowly baguette on this illustrious list :lol-2:

All so beautiful!! How awesome to have all these different shapes and settings. Gorgeous collection @oncrutchesrightnow!!

HI:

Very cool!

cheers--Sharon

That orange radiant! And the cushion, and the baguette, and the Asscher that I can't get over. Well done! You have really really good taste.

This is the coolest thing!

Aw, thank you all so much!

@oncrutchesrightnow -

Oh, I love this project! not only does it look great, it totally scratched the OCD in me! And it also just goes to show how you can take *any* size diamond - or colored gem, for that matter - and make it the center of a piece. Great creativity!

Thanks for sharing; this is a fabulous thread and will be referred to many, many times, I'm sure!

:kiss2:

ETA And just to add - that pendant reinforces for me how much I love heart shaped diamonds!

Thanks, it was fun to gather all those photos. Diamonds are just so beautiful and there’s lots of room for different styles. I am following your pear and heart adventures and hope they go well.

Omg that oval ring is just.....I'm at a loss for words

Thanks! Had a great time designing it and David Klass did a good job.

Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!!! Your collection is lovely. Thanks for sharing it and the different settings/styles.

Thanks for looking. PS has a trove of eye candy for all tastes.

What a great project! Congrats on completing a collection. OMG the color on those fancies -- the violet grey, the deep orange and the pink/brown really sing! The violet grey reminds me of Liz Taylor's eyes...mysterious and sultry. Bravo!

Thanks, it does feel good. The fancies were worth all the research. Highly recommend dark brown pink for anyone looking for a FCD. If a trustworthy vendor’s photos show some purple, then you really get purple. Violet + grey is beautiful, too. This violet grey shows up grey much of the time but the overall effect is like purple-black.

IMG_2466.jpeg

Another violet grey looks violet most of the time, although hard to photograph.

IMG_2681.jpeg

I have a teeny tiny grey violet being set as a side stone in an upcoming project so we shall see how that one does.

Gorgeous and I love how you included the lowly baguette on this illustrious list :lol-2:

Baguettes are awesome! They mean business.

All so beautiful!! How awesome to have all these different shapes and settings. Gorgeous collection @oncrutchesrightnow!!

Thanks and I am grateful.

HI:

Very cool!

cheers--Sharon

Thanks, of the things to collect, diamonds seemed like they would be pretty!

That orange radiant! And the cushion, and the baguette, and the Asscher that I can't get over. Well done! You have really really good taste.

Wow, thanks! Yeah that radiant was a great find. At deep yellowish brown, it sometimes looks amber, but when the sun or some other spotlight hits, the diamond looks like Fanta soda fresh out of the can.

This is the coolest thing!

Thanks!

Your collection here and others you have posted are some of my favorites here on PS. I especially love your daintier ones. Thanks for sharing!

Wow what an amazing collection. I love that they're all different colours and shapes. What an achievement? Enjoy wearing your beautiful pieces.

Very cool!

Your collection here and others you have posted are some of my favorites here on PS. I especially love your daintier ones. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you! I love looking at the giant bling on PS but prefer wearing dainty pieces. :)
Very cool!

Thank you!

So special, to have a complete collection:kiss2:

Agree, did not set out with this specific goal, but when I realized it was happening naturally throughout the years, I got the pear and the heart to complete the collection.

OMG, the oval!! So beautiful!

Beautiful collection @oncrutchesrightnow ! I love all of your pieces, the oval and the Asscher are amazing! Congrats on completing your shape collection!!

That was my goal at one point and I had all but a princess in 1 ct sizes but then I got bored and sold most of them. Lovely collection.

I'm doing something similar, @oncrutchesrightnow, but with styles. I'm trying to put together all the staples - solitaire, 3 stone, 5 stone, cluster and eternity. I just bought (like - 5 minutes ago!) the stone for the soli, and I have 3 of the stones for the 5 stone. I'll get the remaining 2 and the setting mid next year, then all my rings will be done.

Lots of fun to do these sets!

Wow, thanks! Yeah that radiant was a great find. At deep yellowish brown, it sometimes looks amber, but when the sun or some other spotlight hits, the diamond looks like Fanta soda fresh out of the can.

Oh just realized I mis-typed, the radiant is orange, not brown. :) I am working on a color collection and the radiant orange was a great find. I still need to collect GIA certified brown.

OMG, the oval!! So beautiful!

Thanks! That stone was another great find. So moody.

Beautiful collection @oncrutchesrightnow ! I love all of your pieces, the oval and the Asscher are amazing! Congrats on completing your shape collection!!

Thanks! Someday I will re-set the asscher to accentuate the octagon shape.

That was my goal at one point and I had all but a princess in 1 ct sizes but then I got bored and sold most of them. Lovely collection.

Hahaha. Totally understand!

I'm doing something similar, @oncrutchesrightnow, but with styles. I'm trying to put together all the staples - solitaire, 3 stone, 5 stone, cluster and eternity. I just bought (like - 5 minutes ago!) the stone for the soli, and I have 3 of the stones for the 5 stone. I'll get the remaining 2 and the setting mid next year, then all my rings will be done.

Lots of fun to do these sets!

Your capsules are so elegant. That solitaire might be hard since we all know you love 3 stone rings. :lol:

What a collection and the whole concept is so cool!!!

Thanks! Diamonds are awesome.

Interesting beautiful collection!!!
Bravo!!!

Thanks for the “interesting” comment. I value variety and things that are interesting. Sometimes I look at all these beautiful ideal cut diamonds the size of doorknobs on PS and think wouldn’t it be nice to have one of those. But as awesome as they (and their wearers) are, I know in the end that these were the better investment for me — they all get worn.

We need family photos!

That is going to take a while! :lol:

Here are my geometric cuts.

Brilliant trillion and rose cut trillion
DD906811-8CDE-4E2C-BF5B-4E7EB90EBF81.jpeg

Rose cut kite (rustic brown from Etsy) and French cut trapezoidF78DE430-1418-4A2F-B72B-EF93D601F18E.jpeg

Portrait hexagon and rose cut hexagon (white, probably treated, from Etsy)
4F710414-6EBC-4D17-B0EA-FF12E9D67E4E.jpeg

Congratulations on a wonderful collection:appl:

So fun to have a variety of shapes to wear when the mood hits you!

:appl:Yay oncrutchesrightnow!!!
What a clever idea for a thread. I love all your pieces and shapes!:love:

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP