shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on a CVD diamond

edyah

Rough_Rock
Hello!

I’ve found a diamond I quite like, but it’s CVD and has some visible strain (although not too much I think?). Is this likely to cause issues with light performance? Does it look at all hazy?

Video is here: https://loupe360.com/diamond/LG641469339

Any help/advice would be really useful!

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Overall, it depends on price and expectations. It’s not a perfect cut, but it’s not terrible either. How much was it?

Yes, there are some issues with material, but in truth, I’m not sure how much you will actually notice. But the experts will be able to give you more insight.

Are you able to check it out in person?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you've seen it in person and you love it, that's what matters.

edyah

Rough_Rock
I can’t see it in person unfortunately! But I will probably ask the vendor for more pictures.

Stonealgo gives the cut a 9.7 rating - what issues do you see with it? I’d be paying around $900 - I’m buying it as part of the ring from a specific jeweller so while I know I could possibly find a better diamond for the price, I’m tied to their inventory and they do overprice a little.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sg
I can’t see it in person unfortunately! But I will probably ask the vendor for more pictures.

Stonealgo gives the cut a 9.7 rating - what issues do you see with it? I’d be paying around $900 - I’m buying it as part of the ring from a specific jeweller so while I know I could possibly find a better diamond for the price, I’m tied to their inventory and they do overprice a little.

Stonealgo isn't reliable at all, so I wouldn't use it. The cut is fine, but I agree rhe material isn't great. But I don't think it's bad.

joe2

Shiny_Rock
Crown Angle34.3°
Pavilion Angle40.5°
Are these complementary?

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
it’s not a perfect combination of crown angle and pavilion angle, but the cut is pretty symmetric, which alone is hard to find.

I think the minor issue is that not all of the arrows show up at the same time. Also, there might be a teensy bit of strain. I can’t tell if the arrows aren’t lighting up because of screen or cut asymmetry. This is where I don’t have the expertise. The arrows do blink on and off with minor tilt, Zoe, so, like I said, overall it seems like a pretty good cut.

In the grand scope of diamonds, we’ve seen way way way worse. If this was a four thousand dollar diamond, there’s no way this would pass. That’s why the price is an unknown factor right now in our opinions.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
it’s not a perfect combination of crown angle and pavilion angle, but the cut is pretty symmetric, which alone is hard to find.

I think the minor issue is that not all of the arrows show up at the same time. Also, there might be a teensy bit of strain. I can’t tell if the arrows aren’t lighting up because of screen or cut asymmetry. This is where I don’t have the expertise. The arrows do blink on and off with minor tilt, Zoe, so, like I said, overall it seems like a pretty good cut.

In the grand scope of diamonds, we’ve seen way way way worse. If this was a four thousand dollar diamond, there’s no way this would pass. That’s why the price is an unknown factor right now in our opinions.

Just a drive by this morning and haven't seen the video but with a 40.5pa average its the lighting if all the arrows are not all dark face up.

edyah

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much, that’s really helpful. You’ve given me a lot to think about!

joe2

Shiny_Rock
6.9mm, F, vvs, "H&A", hthp, fat arrows, in the 3's, not as symmetric
I'll go mind my own business now.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results