shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on diamond please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dakkoo

Rough_Rock
Hi

I'm shopping around for a ring and my jeweler has suggested this stone as an excellent choice. I'm happy with the size but wanna make sure it has a lot of sparkle and fire to it. What are your thoughts on this stone? She is saying its around $6100 cdn

Your thoughts??

Thanks

diamond_specs.jpg

You can do MUCH MUCH better. That unfortunately is a very poorly cut stone and a poor cut means no sparkle.

You'll probably want to learn to use the HCA (under TOOLS at the top of your screen). Plug in the numbers from the certificate and anything that scores 2 or less is worth considering. This one scores a 4.1.

This forum really made me loose faith in the majority of jewelers.... Is it ignorance or is it that they want to try an pull a fast one on people? Pass on the stone IMO.....

Ditto, you have got great advice. The colour and clarity are overkill if you want to maximise size. And the cut is very poor.

Good luck with your search!

^ditto^ you can get bigger if go down in color and clarity....but if your set on that then don''t listen to us

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP