shape
carat
color
clarity

after all my questions, i''m going to pull the trigger! let me know what you guys think. good and

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stilllooking3

Rough_Rock
After going back and fourth with color, cut, and clarity; i'm going to settle with less color and a lower clarity - but think with the measurements that i get a larger size, correct?!?

Anyway, this is part of an earlier post, but for my budget, what does everyone think? I'd love to hear the good and the bad!

THANKS AGAIN FOR EVERYONE'S INPUT FOR GETTING ME THIS FAR!!!

Price: $5,785
Carat weight: 1.23 AGS (HCA is a 1.5 - Excellent)
Measurements: 6.83 x 6.90 x 4.24 mm
Cut: Ideal
Color: I
Clarity: VS2
Depth %: 61.9%
Table %: 57%
Crown: 35.1
Pavilion: 40.7
Symmetry: Ideal
Polish: Ideal
Girdle: Thin to very thick (1% - 4.6%)
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Negligible
Light Performance: 0
Proportion Factors: 0
Finish: 0

in your opinions, is this a good one to buy for the price? do the specs show anything i should be concerned with? thanks!

Do you have a picture?

Who is the vendor?

Price is good...

no photo, but the vendor is Blue Nile. seems larger than most for the same $$$

there is a similar one on JA that someone noted, but smaller in size.

ok, cool. I thought it was BN.

Well, they have a 30-day return policy, so it can''t hurt.

Most likely it''ll be a really nice stone, but it''s always nice to confirm with images. With BN you do have a nice return period, so use it if for some reason it looks off when you get it.
1.gif

ok, i''ll get it then!

will let you all know how it turns out. since i don''t know nearly as much as you guys, i''ll prob have to take it into a jewelry store to see how it rates.

hopefully, there will not be anything noticeable to the eye.

thanks again!

a better option is it to a good independent appraiser! of course, you'll have to pay them, but the advantage is that they're working FOR you, not trying to get a sale out of you.

Date: 11/26/2008 8:57:00 PM
Author: stilllooking3
ok, i''ll get it then!

will let you all know how it turns out. since i don''t know nearly as much as you guys, i''ll prob have to take it into a jewelry store to see how it rates.

hopefully, there will not be anything noticeable to the eye.

thanks again!

Please don''t do that...likely they either won''t tell you anything or they''ll lie to you and tell you that they can get you a nicer stone for less.

I''d rather see you take it to an independent (i.e., doesn''t sell jewelry) appraiser.

I didn't think very thick on the girdle would allow a stone to be AGS0. Can you link us the stone so we can see the grading certificate? It is also priced lower than the comparable stones at Blue Nile, so I'd want to know why.

that much variation in girdle usually falls to the lower price end when compared to similar stones. This can be seen in other colors, cuts as well on BN.

AGS ideal (cut grade 0) needs the girdle to be thin or medium (not sure about slightly thick). But thick definitely kicks it out of ideal.

bought it so there is no longer a link. i did save the AGS certificate that they provide so here you go.

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/c21a4fcc0c.jpg

please let me know if they mis-represented.

It gets a 0 for cut which is what you want, so not misrepresenting there.

I just checked the AGSL Proportion Based Cut Grading pdf off the AGS website. Thin, Medium or Slightly Thick at the valleys and scallops gets an Ideal Cut Grade. I stand corrected.

so hopefully it'll look good when i get it!

i think i got a decent deal and pretty good rock for the price!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP