shape
carat
color
clarity

After buying online...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

substud

Rough_Rock
Alright well seems as though I might be finally purchasing the diamond and ring I''ve long looked for.

So I understand the cost savings that I will have gotten instead of purchasing at a B&M.

What does everyone do now for routine cleanings, and adjustments etc...

Most stores will provide free cleanings for life, if a stone is loose re-set it etc...

Those I feel are my last concerns.

Thanks

Depending on where you purchased from would dictate how to handle this. If your vendor has warranties etc. they will need to do the adjustments, inspections, resizing etc. in order for their warranty to remain valid. Having anyone else do this work would void most warranties so you'll want to be sure to check before you do anything. If your vendor doesn't have any warranties or something like that, I'd pick a local jeweler that you're comfortable with and have the service done there. Most B&M stores will clean your ring for free.

Good luck!

Date: 11/10/2008 9:13:35 AM
Author: girlie-girl
Depending on where you purchased from would dictate how to handle this. If your vendor has warranties etc. they will need to do the adjustments, inspections, resizing etc. in order for their warranty to remain valid. Having anyone else do this work would void most warranties so you'll want to be sure to check before you do anything. If your vendor doesn't have any warranties or something like that, I'd pick a local jeweler that you're comfortable with and have the service done there. Most B&M stores will clean your ring for free.

Good luck!
Right.

However, if your setting is not terribly intricate, that may not be an issue. i.e. I purchased my diamond and Vatche setting online. The setting had a warranty, but because it was the X-Prong, which is an ultra simple setting, and I couldn't forsee any real future issues, I let my local shop clean it/adjust prongs/redip. It wasn't necessary in my eyes to keep the warranty. But if you got an elaborate setting, say with pave, you might want to adhere to the warranty.

Most of us try and build relationships with a reputable local store by making purchases that we can locally. Then IMO, they are almost always happy to check out any of your jewelry even if it wasn''t bought there.

Although I''ve not come up with an answer to this...I do have a new idea...

Neatfreak''s idea had been my idea. I did find a local jeweler, and even got my wife to also go in for some repair, hoping we''d develop a relationship, and they''d be available for this. Recently, though, my wife went in, and she didn''t want to ask for this (a ring check). I went in...alone, and I didn''t either. Earlier, the jeweler volunteered he''d be available for this. But...look...who wants to be hat in hand. They would be trying to win you over for a substantive purchase that would never come, and you don''t (I don''t) want to particularly go looking for services not earned.

I did, however, discover/rediscover in my local mall: Fast-Fix. They''re in malls around the country. This last weekend, they responded to my e-mail, and I''m satisfied they don''t have equipment to put inscriptions on a girdle. They''ll charge I think $29.95...what another jeweler would do for free, yes...but as a favor, which I don''t need...and they''d clean my wife''s diamond, and do routine maintenance. I think.

How often to do this, I"m not sure. And, I don''t know if it''s a good idea or not. But..it''s money paid for the service expected. It''s my current idea.

I went looking for this thread. I hope it helps, and am curious if others have feedback for this, too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP