shape
carat
color
clarity

Agitated in Atlanta ...... need advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hummer28

Rough_Rock
First let me start by saying I appreciate all the wonderful and intelligent people who post to this forum. Your posts have definitely made me an informed buyer in purchasing an engagement ring for my girlfriend.

On November 11th I decided on a setting and stone at a very reputable Atlanta based jewelry store. I chose a 1.5 ct GIA certified princess cut stone and a C. Gonshor setting. The diamond was sent to C. Gonshor and the ring arrived late last week. I went to view the ring today and the salesperson informed me that what arrived was slightly varied from the setting I had originally chosen. The difference was so slight that it wasn''t a huge deal at all. As a matter of fact the C. Gonshor setting that arrived was a replica of the Tiffany Legacy setting, which I really fancied. However, it appeared as if the diamond didn''t sit flush with the surrounding beadwork. It seems as if the beadwork line isn''t perfectly straight on one side of the square. Imagine a square diamond surrounded by square beadwork, but one side of the beadwork line isn''t parallel with the diamond line. The salesperson said that the beadwork looked great to her, but the fact that I''m posting to this site lets me know that something isn''t quite right.

How would you suggest that I handle this situation? I do like the setting, but I need it to be perfect especially for the money that I paid. I''m not upset about the variation from my original selection, but I couldn''t live with myself knowing that something just isn''t quite right. Thanks in advance for the help.

Can you post pictures??? I would definitely get it repaired if it bothers you and have them send it back to the manufacturer to repair. IMO do NOT let the store try to fix it and have them send it back. Do not settle for anything until you are happy.... who cares what the lady said, your opinion is what matters. not hers....

Have them put it under the microscope so you can show them where it isn't right. Are you referring to the milgrain edge around the stone? You may be able to see it on the edge of my wedding band in my avatar picture. (maybe not)

If at all possible, post pictures here and let us look at it for you.

If there is something that you are unhappy with, send it back and have them fix it. You are the customer and it''s your money. If they can''t fix it to your liking, I say just take your stone and find a different setting.

If it ain''t right then send it back to make it right.

Marty
Diamond Brokerage Service, Inc
www.dbsdiamonds.com
"See it, we beat it"

By "beadwork", I''m presuming that you mean milgrain along the edge of the ring. It would really help if you posted a picture for us to see what you are talking about.

Milgrain truly is the icing on the cake (to me, anyway), and it can either make or break a setting''s overall look. I''ve seen some alleged milgrain that looked more like gears in a clock close up than delicate beadwork.
38.gif

Thanks for all the feedback. I apologize for the misuse of the work beadwork when in fact I did mean Milgrain. I''ll try to get some closeup pictures early this week when I go back into the jewelry store. I don''t think my old digital camera is up to the task but I will give it a shot. I have a couple of friends that will be accompanying me to the store this week as well to give their input. We will be viewing the ring under a microscope as suggested and making sure it is perfect. My future fiancee deserves nothing less
1.gif
Thanks again!

The C. Gonshor website says...

Please know that we will handle your order with the respect it deserves. We guarantee that our products will meet your highest expectations and that you will be delighted to show our line to your customers.

C. Gonshor sounds like they stand behind their workmanship. It seems odd that your jeweler knew about the wrong setting being used and hadn''t had it taken care of before they showed you the ring. I would make sure that C. Gonshor fixed the setting and NOT your jeweler, especially since they used the wrong setting in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP