shape
carat
color
clarity

Am I the only fickle pickle?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cookie_tyme

Shiny_Rock
What can I say? I love variety! (I''ve cut my hair twice in 3 mo) So sometimes, I change my look from what you see as my profile pic, to this look. The different wedding bands are sentimental for their own reasons. And I just like wearing an EC sometimes...

Anyone else change around?

Pics...

emerald.milgrain 008resized2.jpg

another

emerald.milgrain 007resize.jpg

Yes, I do different combinations and switch the stone over to the right with a pave band on the left. It''s fun to mix it up a little.

And your EC is beautiful CT.

Question: I''ve admired, in your old posts, your Santa Anna setting. I think it almost had a southwest sort of look. Do you still have it or did you trade it off? I guess what I''m asking is did you tire of that setting after awhile? How was the workmanship on it? As it was offset to one side, I''m wondering what the profile/undercarriage was like.

Thanks, CT.

I love both rings. I say if you''re lucky enough to be able to switch things around with different rings go for it.

I love my Santa Anna ring! I now wear it as a pinky ring. (Since dh gave me the .88 for our 23rd) I think the workmanship is very good - it''s clean and smooth. And for such a thin shank (1.5mm?), it''s very sturdy. It''s like a tube (but solid) all the way around, not flat.

I''ll take a variety of pics. The .33 rb set in it is mine. Good cut, but the table looks kinda large, partly because it is, and partly because the bezel covers the edges of the diamond ever so slightly. If you haven''t a diamond to bring to the table, I recommend putting an Old European cut into any bezel settings, because of the smaller tables and higher pavillions. But really, mine looks fine.

Pics -

Santa Anna 001cr.rs.jpg

the back

Santa Anna 005cr.rs.jpg

Santa Anna 015cr.rs.jpg

one more angle, just for fun

Santa Anna 011cr.rs.jpg

HOLY CRAP !!!! Sorry, that''s how we talk here in Utah..
The ring is just gorgeous..

Beautiful EC!

Thanks CT. I love them both.

I had shown a picture of your Santa Ana to a friend recently (one who I make look at a lot of stones & settings, and she really liked it also.

How did you find the setting? Do you live near PA (I think that is where Marc Williams is from)? Asking as it is not a common setting.

Way cool. :)

Thanks for your reply.

Pretty rings!

I'm a couple hours from Williamsport, PA, where there's a bunch of jewelers making this particular bezel style. Some of Marc's rings are in a little gift shop in Carlisle, PA, called Colucci and Co, about 30 mins from me. I got it there a couple years ago, and wore it as my e-ring til dh gave me a bigger rb last summer. The Santa Anna makes a great pinky ring. Marc's site- Marc Williams

There are some other similar places -

http://www.annmckaystudio.com/

http://www.jamesmeyerjewelry.com/index.htm

I could have a bunch of these ring if my purse allowed... So easy to wear!

tlh - my EC is a cz. I know we're not supposed to talk about them, etc, on here, but my original question was about changing one's left hand look - was I the only one? But I cannot decieve. BTW, it looks real because it's "colored" H. (tee hee ;)

Thanks CT !!

As for changing things around, again, ALL the time. Today is a new combo - ER on left hand with a multi-color five stone, small, band.

I think PSers are more prong to changing it up than the general population.

Good question, btw.

Oh, and thanks for the links. I find I like the Marc Williams, Jim & Calebs better than the Ann McKays. Her''s gets a bit too busy.

Love the Santa Anna !

Nope, CT, you're not the only Fickle Pickle! (I love that term!) I switch around, too. Mostly I wear my ering (reset in wg in June) and it's "matching band." I add to that an eternity band. OR I wear my 3stone princess ring (yg 15th anniv ring) with or without a channel set band. I also have sapphire band ring (5 anniv.) that can go with the channel set band. I like the variety, too. It's fun.
(btw, my princess ring has a lot im common with your EC, if you know what I mean
6.gif
)

(btw, my princess ring has a lot im common with your EC, if you know what I mean)

lol - we better be careful though, or we''ll get kicked off the board
2.gif
As for me, 5 kids on one income, I have no choice but to cheat. (I do have them set in gold, tho)

At least I have a real .88 and .33
4.gif
Sounds like I''m describing Smith & Wessons, doesn''t it?

emotion-5.gif
shh. I won''t say another word about it...

except to say: while I love everything in my jewelery box, because it all has sentimental value, there really is nothing like a diamond!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP