shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique sword pin is surprisingly big! Oops.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I bought this antique pin since I’ve been on an antique brooch kick recently.

I definitely didn’t appreciate how big it would be which is my own fault, all the measurements were provided

I do love it though. The rope details in the hilt, the enameling, the swirly aesthetic and the hodgepodge of different diamond cuts in there (about 1ctw).

It took awhile to get here cause it had to go through eBay authentication. I also don’t know how to wear it cause I didn’t realize how large it’d be. So for now it’s on my computer bag with my other brooch I find too large to wear. Very blingy bag!
IMG_5059.jpeg
IMG_5062.jpeg IMG_5063.jpeg IMG_5066.jpeg IMG_5067.jpeg IMG_5068.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I bought this antique pin since I’ve been on an antique brooch kick recently.

I definitely didn’t appreciate how big it would be which is my own fault, all the measurements were provided

I do love it though. The rope details in the hilt, the enameling, the swirly aesthetic and the hodgepodge of different diamond cuts in there (about 1ctw).

It took awhile to get here cause it had to go through eBay authentication. I also don’t know how to wear it cause I didn’t realize how large it’d be. So for now it’s on my computer bag with my other brooch I find too large to wear. Very blingy bag!
IMG_5059.jpeg
IMG_5062.jpeg IMG_5063.jpeg IMG_5066.jpeg IMG_5067.jpeg IMG_5068.jpeg

wow :appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl:
go big or go home
i love it
i love the size
i love it on the bag
you could wear it on a hat too

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
big brooches are the best
see inspiration from a younger Queen mum and Queen Camila
1720729760470.png
you have to just wear it
and not let it wear you

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
Oooh I really love it!! What about using it as a cardigan closure, at a jaunty angle? Perhaps on a fine ivory/cream knit, with a bit of cashmere or angora halo to the fiber for the conceptual contrast of soft and sharp? It would be kind of like the garment equivalent of what you were originally thinking about pairing it with pearls.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah I can think of a lot more winter applications than summer ones. It’s been in the 90s consistently. Ugh. Haha would be be wild to wear on my sneakers?

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes, brilliant idea from Dreamer. I think the sword could go on a cropped/punk style jacket with your (MakingtheGrade’s) Edwardian pin ribbon necklace.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Maybe a Tartan pattern hat? This is a link to Vivienne Westwood stock photos that show her use of Tartan (plaid) materials and also high low mixing of styles. She did Tartan wool caps and soft hats too (accent pieces).

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
I love love love it

Joanne10

Shiny_Rock
Last edited:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that's really cool. I love it!!! I vote hair. I wear lots of mine in my hair like this. A sword would look fabulous!

IMG_2221 (002).jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do a French twist in my hair and make sure it's in good and then just pin the brooch in like I was pinning it on clothes. That sword would be perfect for this!

Haha I have a rotator cuff injury but even if I didn’t I have no idea how to do a French twist. If I recover my function though I’ll try to learn!

Have you ever had one fall out? I think I’d be paranoid that it’d work free

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I made this mistake with a Victorian Scottish agate anchor brooch. I think it was like $200 and I love the look of black banded agate -- but this thing is like 4" or more. I don't even sail. I was going to gift it as a Christmas tree ornament. Yours is much nicer!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I made this mistake with a Victorian Scottish agate anchor brooch. I think it was like $200 and I love the look of black banded agate -- but this thing is like 4" or more. I don't even sail. I was going to gift it as a Christmas tree ornament. Yours is much nicer!

Thanks! Do you have a photo? It must be sizeable to be an ornament!

I’m gonna play around with trying to style it on maybe some dresses and jackets later

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha I have a rotator cuff injury but even if I didn’t I have no idea how to do a French twist. If I recover my function though I’ll try to learn!

Have you ever had one fall out? I think I’d be paranoid that it’d work free

Oooooo I can sympathize as I went through a rotator cuff/labrum tear. So painful! I've not had one fall out. I make sure it is pinned in well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results