shape
carat
color
clarity

Any help would be GREAT

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mmoeller

Rough_Rock
Ok, so I''ve never bought a piece of jewelry, so I need some help. I''ve looked at a few places, Kay''s, Blue Nile, Good Old Gold, Excel, and White Flash mostly. After learning a lot more about diamonds through this site and many others, I quickly decided against Kay''s and Blue Nile. I looked at Good Old Gold, but they didn''t seem to really have what I was looking for.

I''m willing to spend up to about $3,500 (at most) on an engagement ring. I''d like something with a center stone between .5 and .75 carats, ideal cut, and at least a G in color and VS1 in clarity. I found a lot more reasonably priced stones on Excel than on White Flash, BUT I don''t like how Excel doesn''t have the GIA reports right there so you can look at them. I e-mailed Excel about seeing one for a diamond I am interested in, but I haven''t heard back yet. I did find something I liked on White Flash, though:

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-912950.htm

If anyone has any comments on the quality of this stone, I''d love to hear them. From what I''ve learned, it seems pretty good, but I really do not know too much. If I get it, I''d like to have it set in this setting:

http://www.whiteflash.com/golden-wardrobe/Gold_Details.aspx?ItemCode=DN-1900&size=7.50

I thought that this particular setting would add a lot to the small stone. I would have liked a .75 carat stone, though, but I haven''t been able to find one in my price range on White Flash. Any suggestions? I''ve found a few on Excel, but I just have a feeling that they''re not going to be a great cut since they''re priced so much lower than White Flash''s and I''m really looking for a wonderful, bright, beautiful diamond. Any input or suggestions would be wonderful, I could really use the help.

The ring is very nice. If I remember correctly, it looks great with .5-.75 ct stones.

Anyway, if you want a 3/4 ct stone for a little over 2K, you should consider I color, SI1 clarity.

And VS1 is unnecessary. You can find very nice SI1 stones.

You have made GREAT choices!!! Only suggestion would be that you could probably go to an H and a VS2 to get a larger stone. If you want the G, I would suggest VS2 clarity to get a larger stone or save some money. VS2 is eye clean 99.9% of the time and people at WF can inspect to make sure for you.... SI1's are good too but it is a mind thing for me and always go VS2. I also have eagle eyes and have never seen an eye clean SI1 to my liking... Even when people say it is...

I really love this diamond....it has a bigger spread than yours and is $2218 with PS discount

That link takes me to the same diamond I was thinking about getting, can you try reposting the diamond you were talking about?

Wow, thanks! I don''t even know how I missed that.

yes, thank you Beach, i meant that one, i guess i just got mixed up copying and pasting....thanks!

I like that stone bc of the smaller table, bigger spread and the ASET looks GREAT!

No problem... I agree the table is perfect and the ASET is awesome! This diamond should have more fire/scintillation with the angles of the 15.6% crown too. I love how ACA's have higher crowns%'s.

I also would like to show you this setting.....its so gorgeous! It really would add some bling to your diamond
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP