shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone from Ontario order from WF? tax? txt

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Icce

Shiny_Rock
Just wondering if the customs tax was a hit or miss....or if WF gem ordered into Ontario had the tax tacked on.

Thanks

I believe Lost Sapphire has a thread on this somewhere...I will try and find it for you.

Thanks. Well I guess I am glad there is no duty and only 13% tax but the fact our dollar is low now ....maybe I should of bought it before..or maybe it will climb again

Hi.

I`m from Ontario and ordered from WF last December. I received a call from Canadian customs (I think it was them - my memories good just short!
9.gif
) and I had to pay the gst/pst before they continued with the shipment. I used my credit card. No other duty charges though.

Good luck!

Cachette
1.gif

Hey Icce..just wanted to say hello ..from a fellow member from Ontario!
35.gif

Saying hello too - another member from Ontario (Toronto to be exact).

From my past experience, a loose stone can be imported duty free- but it must be declared of course, and you do owe pst and gst.
Big advantage even though the exchange rate is not as good as a few months ago is that you can get an AGS graded stone which is almost impossible to find locally!
Good luck in your quest!

I think there's no duty on jewelry now. You just pay GST and PST. Fedex's handling fee isn't too bad. I think I paid like $10 fees (plus the taxes) for a $1500 ring. So far customs never missed me on items above $100. Theoretically they start collecting at $20, but a lot of the time they don't bother collecting tax for a few bars of soap or something.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP