shape
carat
color
clarity

Are Ritani diamonds any good?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

VuittonGal

Shiny_Rock
I''ve posted several questions about Ritani since my first encounter with the one-carat princess endless love setting yesterday. I asked about Bailey Banks and Biddle being trustworthy and received some positive responses. Now my question is, if I have to purchase the setting with a Ritani setting, are Ritani diamonds any good? Will I have any choice over my diamond if I order it from Ritani through BBB?

I would think so?? I know that the Robbins Brothers shop (yes, cheesy and seriously hard-sell, but BIG settings collection) sells Ritani and I believe that you choose your stone FIRST with them and THEN they set it for you. I think Fortunoff is the same way--if the vendor (like BB&B or one of the above B&Ms, or DBOF, Pearlman, etc.) is an affiliated Ritani seller--then you can select the stone from their inventory and shouldn''t be locked into what''s already pre-set.

I just got a Ritani 3 stone ring from their Endless Love collection. Here are the specs:
Center round diamond weighing .50 carat, F color, VS1 clarity. Two side diamonds weighing .48 carats tw, and 70 round pave diamonds weighing .34 carats tw, set in platinum.
It is the nicest piece of diamond jewelry I have and it is gorgeous! It is SO sparkly and bright, it''s amazing.

I got it at Robbins; and I''m sure if it''s for your engagement ring you can have your choice of the diamond to be set in it. I got my original e-ring there and had lots of diamonds to choose from.
face9.gif

I''d find the diamond you want, and then have it set into the Ritani setting. aka Kayla did this with her Ritani set and her fab ideal stone.

Don''t know that I''d buy my diamond from a BBB or a Robbins etc..I''d prefer to source it myself and get the savings aka online and also know EXACTLY what I am getting then place it into the setting.

Good luck!

Yes I agree. I would find the stone online and then have it set in the Ritani setting. You''ll get a better cut stone and save some money as well. Did you contact Bill Pearlman????

Thanks for the advice everyone! Nope, I didn''t contact Bill Pearlman. I''ve heard conflicting information about Ritani Endless Love settings. Sometimes threads say you can purchase your own diamond and have it set by Ritani, others say you must purchase the setting AND the diamond from Ritani. Does it depend on the jeweler? I''m confused.
33.gif

My advice is to call Bill. I guess it may differ from jeweler to jeweler. But he will give you a straight answer I''m sure. Good luck!!!!

I''m sure it does depend on the jeweler. The jeweler may want to make the sale of the stone as well as the setting.

I would agree it depends...as we know there are people on here who have purchased Ritani and set their own stone in it...Pearlmans may know as the others suggested. Good luck!

I also agree with calling Bill. He can answer your questions about Ritani and their policies.

Hi!
I realize that this thread was from a while ago - however I came across it just tonight while trying to do some research on the topic. I have the endless love Ritani and am having some problems with it due to the thinness of the band and overall construction of the ring. My fiance purchased it from BB&B and because of the problems we have had they are now willing to replace it for an entirely different one - perhaps something thicker. I love my ring and am feeling very torn! I was just wondering if you got any other information from your question last year about the stability of the shank, or if perhaps you too purchased the Ritani and are sastisfied? I truly love the delicate look - but I do not feel like I should have to take it off all of the time (it actually has had to be rerounded three times and is currently flattened in the back on one side!).
Please help! Any advice at this point would be appreciated!
Thanks!
-Mercedes

cedes, which ring do you have?

one of our members here, butterfly17 has a ritani endless love with no halo set (all three rings) and i don''t think she has had any problems with it and she has it for almost 2 years i think?

also my girlfriend just got engaged and she got the ritani from bbb endless love with no halo and she loves it. when we were at bbb we asked how their quality control was and the salesgal said it was very good and that they typically didn''t have problems with ritani settings, but that they did have problems with vera wang settings even though vw was a hugely popular designer with them.

anyway i thought that was interesting esp since she was willing to say that the vera wang settings were having problems even though they sold a ton of them, so it made us feel a bit better like she''d be frank about if the ritani had similar problems.

anyhow...have you given thought to just getting a new endless love and asking them to maybe make it a bit thicker? if you really love it, then maybe a new setting from scratch would work? what if the one you have is just not up to snuff?

it does seem like ritani goes the extra mile to help out customers when something goes wrong which is good to know..anyway keep us posted!

I agree with Mara. Someone told me they thought Ritani would make that set a little wider because it was too thin for me. I don''t know how much more it would cost as I expect the diamonds would have to be a tiny bit larger. But it can''t hurt to ask!

Mercedes,
wow, it sounds like you have been having major problems with your ring. I can''t imagine that it would get bent or flattened out of shape unless you have been using it to haul something really heavy or lifting weights with it or something.LOLOL!
2.gif

Just out of curiousity, did any diamonds pop out when it got bent out of shape? That would be good for us to know who are trying to decide on that setting.

I had a thin platinum band get bent out of shape, but it was because I had slammed my closet door on my hand by accident and it caused the ring to bend.

I currently own the Ritani set and I have had it for over two years now and so far I haven''t had any problems, but I am very careful with my ring, so I may not be a good example as I do take it off when I do stuff around the house, etc. Not because I am afraid to mess up the setting, but because I am worried I might chip or scratch my diamond.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP