shape
carat
color
clarity

Are these good tapered baguette side stones? They all look the same to me!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lestat

Shiny_Rock
So... I sent an e-mail to Leon asking if the original baguettes had a bit of life and sparkle, and if he thought they were great, to go ahead. Instead of answering, they''ve sourced another pair! I''m not sure if I should take that to mean that the first pair wasn''t so great, or if I should still consider it. For all I know they could have just taken another pic of the originals in different lighting lol! They''re both G VS1 stones. Here''s all of the pics and info that I have:

First Pair:

TOTAL PRICE $443
Color: G
Clarity: VS1
Weight: 0.23 ct

1st pairlsdfowejfds.jpg

First Pair Photo 2:

tapbag023cthkhjkjh.jpg

Second Pair:

TOTAL PRICE $443
Price per carat $1,925
Color: G
Clarity: VS1
Weight: 0.23 ct
Dimentions: 4.0mm x2.4mm

2nd pair89234oweir.jpg

Second Pair Photo 2:

tbag023ct2lkjsadie.jpg

He found a second pair with exactly the same weight, color, clarity and price?

Hi All!

Kenny, it''s not unusual that two pairs of baguettes with the same measurement would weigh the same- not that it''s always that way, just not surprising if it is.
In terms of price, generally stones are priced "per carat"- so the same weight will have the same price.

I was a bit suspicious as well, I thought maybe the second pair was the first pair just photographed in spotlighting, but I thought I''d let the experts weigh in on that with their opinions and preferred pair
21.gif

I have no idea, but I just wanted to chime in and say that having it set up with your EC looks like its going to be a stunning ring done by Leon
30.gif

Hrmmm.sorry Lestat, but I can''t make a call on this one, as the lighting seems quite different for the two pair (assuming they''re different diamonds)
41.gif

It''s not really a fair and equal comparison...

Honestly, I would just call him to clear it up and ask which ones he likes better IRL - he''s alot better over the phone.

Thanks everyone for your comments so far! If it''s not possible to choose by photos due to the different lighting I''ll contact Leon for his opinion. Personally I do like the second baguette photos a bit better, but that''s probably just the lighting, I''m no expert! I really appreciate the comments about the future ring, it''s making me feel more secure in my setting choice when a few people start to say it''s gonna look nice!
21.gif

Date: 10/23/2009 2:00:54 AM
Author: arjunajane
Hrmmm.sorry Lestat, but I can't make a call on this one, as the lighting seems quite different for the two pair (assuming they're different diamonds)
41.gif

It's not really a fair and equal comparison...

Honestly, I would just call him to clear it up and ask which ones he likes better IRL - he's alot better over the phone.
Ditto! Its going to be a gorgeous ring!!!

Thanks Lorelei! You''re always very quick to reply!

Well, I''ve left the matter in Leon''s hands, he''s seen many more diamonds than me so I''ll just trust his judgement
9.gif

I''m looking forward to moving onwards with the design!

Date: 10/23/2009 8:14:54 AM
Author: Lestat
Thanks Lorelei! You''re always very quick to reply!

Well, I''ve left the matter in Leon''s hands, he''s seen many more diamonds than me so I''ll just trust his judgement
9.gif

I''m looking forward to moving onwards with the design!
Hehe!
25.gif

I think thats the way to go, he isn''t going to choose pants baguettes to go with this ring so I would let him decide.

Just to nicely tie up this topic, I received a reply in my e-mail box today (which shocked me, Saturday in USA!) from Leon''s office, he has chosen the second pair and sent me a work order to sign!

In our e-mails back and forth, I''ve been pretty specific and asked a few questions, but he at first stated that we''d discuss particulars when they had my stone. Then it was after we chose side stones, now I get the work order and they want me to sign it. We still haven''t discussed anything in great detail. The work order was worded in a way that I think could allow for misunderstanding. I will be sending a message asking to change the work order to clarify my specifics seeing as in the topics I''ve read, Leon seems to take the work order as a binding legal contract, and not a flexible document. Unfortunately telephone discussions aren''t really an option for me so I''ve been working via e-mail. Just trying to avoid confusion along the way by being specific at the start!

By the way, would anyone happen to know if Fedex International Priority is the best way to ship the finished product to Canada? I imagine that I should only be expecting to pay the GST and Provincial tax (of which Alberta has none, so just 5% GST I hope)?

So anyway, so far so good! I''m very happy with the way things are proceeding and thanks to Pricescope, I''ve been treading carefully in my e-mails and it''s all slowly coming together!
1.gif

Thanks everyone for your kind help so far!

Date: 10/24/2009 10:23:19 PM
Author: Lestat
Just to nicely tie up this topic, I received a reply in my e-mail box today (which shocked me, Saturday in USA!) from Leon''s office, he has chosen the second pair and sent me a work order to sign!

In our e-mails back and forth, I''ve been pretty specific and asked a few questions, but he at first stated that we''d discuss particulars when they had my stone. Then it was after we chose side stones, now I get the work order and they want me to sign it. We still haven''t discussed anything in great detail. The work order was worded in a way that I think could allow for misunderstanding. I will be sending a message asking to change the work order to clarify my specifics seeing as in the topics I''ve read, Leon seems to take the work order as a binding legal contract, and not a flexible document. Unfortunately telephone discussions aren''t really an option for me so I''ve been working via e-mail. Just trying to avoid confusion along the way by being specific at the start!

By the way, would anyone happen to know if Fedex International Priority is the best way to ship the finished product to Canada? I imagine that I should only be expecting to pay the GST and Provincial tax (of which Alberta has none, so just 5% GST I hope)?

So anyway, so far so good! I''m very happy with the way things are proceeding and thanks to Pricescope, I''ve been treading carefully in my e-mails and it''s all slowly coming together!
1.gif

Thanks everyone for your kind help so far!
Not sure about the best way to ship to Canada, I would ask Leon''s office which is the preferred method. Looks like it is all coming together now, keep us posted Lestat - it will be some ring!!!
30.gif

Hi Lestat,

glad to hear things are moving along - although I back your move to make sure that work order is completely "in order" as it were
2.gif

If you do a quick search and are up for a read, there have been many threads on shipping/customs to Canada.

I am in Australia, and for anything of considerable value (such as your ring), I always find the vendor uses FedEx. in my experiences, this has been the fastest/the most reliable - but my apologies as it isn't exactly an equal comparison.
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results