shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Almosthome

Rough_Rock
I''m looking at one particular stone and am just looking for general comments on an Asscher held in-house by one of the preferred vendors. Characteristics are as follows:

1.70 F IF 70.7% 62.7% GIA sm ex ex no 6.61x6.46x4.57

Seen a couple general comments already from others on the search and most of my questions are around the value of certain attributes (clarity, table, culet). I know it boils down to personal preference at the end of the day, but I''m thinking about appraised values in light of current market conditions. Other general comments on the stone appreciated as well.

Thanks

little deep what is the crown height? pics?
Asschers can not be compared by numbers.
2 asschers with identical numbers can have extremely different looks and different prices.
Also why IF?

You could probably jump to a 2 ct if you went to a VS1 which is plenty clear for an asscher. I agree with Karl... it''s a little on the deep side. I love F color in asschers.

This is the stone.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/5218/

Sorry, couldn''t get the pix to attach from where I am. The things you mentioned are what I''m trying to get a better handle on. Angles, clarity, etc.

IF on clarity is more than I was otherwise looking for and something some buyers seem to avoid given the trade offs. Combined with the ex/ex and everything else, not sure how the premiums stack up.

17aset.jpg

karl is the expert - it looks clear and pretty but the windmills are a little on the thin side for me but some people like that look. Up to you. I would make a beautiful ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP