shape
carat
color
clarity

Best BlueNile Discount around

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SecretMike

Rough_Rock
I specifically care about the loose diamond purchase since that seems to be more restrictive with discounts.

On all 3 of my credit cards (Discover, Chase Freedom, and Capital One Platinum) they offer 5% off for shopping at Blue Nile. They don''t stack with any other discount.

My Capital One does 1.25% on all purchases anyways so if I can get 5% from something else then I will get 5% + 1.25% (of the remaining).

I also saw 1-5% at Bing (although bing is probably only 1% for loose diamonds).

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/bluenile.com seems to have some discounts like 10% but the BN representative said those coupons do not cover loose diamonds.

Whats the best discount you guys have seen on loose diamonds?

Mike

Guess 5% from my CC is the best.

Use fatwallet.com to get 4% cash back(up to 12500). I''ve not tried it out yet. :)

try registering for ebates.com

i know there is a cashback discount there for Blue Nile. you can pay anyway you want and you''ll still get a cashback discount. it''s also an awesome website to get cashback from a bunch of other places, it''s awesome! the cash really adds up, i''ve gotten $36 cash back just from holiday shopping!

ebates seems to have 6% although: "Special Terms: A maximum of $375.00 Cash Back can be earned for purchases"
So that might be the best if you are purchasing around $6250 or less.

Fat Wallet 4% + my Capital One 1.25% is just over 5% so that might be a good option.

I am actually trying to find the diamond via bing search... because when you find the diamond it says if it is 5% or 1% off... I can''t figure out how to find the exact diamond through bing though.
I wonder if bing and blue nile are simple and you can just click on any 5% cashback diamond and then navigate via blue nile search to the item you want...

If u are going to get anything other than loose diamond from BN. use american express for 10% off + 1.25% cash back.

Date: 12/9/2009 11:17:31 AM
Author: SecretMike
ebates seems to have 6% although: ''Special Terms: A maximum of $375.00 Cash Back can be earned for purchases''
So that might be the best if you are purchasing around $6250 or less.

Fat Wallet 4% + my Capital One 1.25% is just over 5% so that might be a good option.

I am actually trying to find the diamond via bing search... because when you find the diamond it says if it is 5% or 1% off... I can''t figure out how to find the exact diamond through bing though.
I wonder if bing and blue nile are simple and you can just click on any 5% cashback diamond and then navigate via blue nile search to the item you want...
oh im sorry! i didn''t read the details just noticed that ebates offers cashback from bluenile.

any particular reason why you want to go with bluenile?

im almost sure lots of vendors here will offer you what you want for a lower price. my stone was listed only on bluenile and i asked a vendor to look at it for me, he knocked down the price by about $600, plus i get the perks of purchasing through a vendor.

im not sure if you''re looking at fancy cuts or rounds, but with fancy cuts, you should always see in person or work with a vendor. blue nile never provides pictures and won''t provide anything besides what''s listed on the website. rounds are easier to work with, but lots of people prefer to see IS and ASETs, which BN won''t provide.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP