shape
carat
color
clarity

best wedding magazines

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ling0882434

Rough_Rock
i wanna to order some wedding magazines for dress and cake ideas. could someone give me some suggestions? i am thinking instyle wedding and brides. thanks!

I wish I could help - I read them all and they all seem the same to me! That said, I''m sure some are better than others so I''d be just as interested to find out as you (and save some money!)

When I first got engaged I bought LOADS of wedding magazines, and most of them had ALL the same stuff in them... My favorites have been the Martha Stewart Wedding''s ones because I''m DIYing a lot of stuff for my wedding and I love to see what she comes up with. I think it''s the most creative.

I haven''t bought or looked through a SINGLE wedding magazine so far!
23.gif
Wedding is in June and we''ve been engaged for 1.5 years now.

Agreed -- Also, check out some local magazines - they tend to have more vendors in your area which helps

I really like martha stewart weddings, its the one I have found to have the most focus on things other than dresses (like centerpieces, cakes, advice, etc.).

I have also really fallen in love with Austrailian wedding mags. They are beautiful and have some nice real weddings featured in them. There is one called Real Weddings and they actually have a free online magazine which is in pdf form.

Enjoy!

Date: 5/7/2009 12:18:59 AM
Author: kama_s
I haven''t bought or looked through a SINGLE wedding magazine so far!
23.gif
Wedding is in June and we''ve been engaged for 1.5 years now.

Ditto! I learned everything I needed to and got all my inspiration (every single one) from PS!
9.gif

I liked Bridal Guide.

Wedding ****, as I like to call it, is expensive and addictive! I have been collecting mine and storing them in a cupboard and FI was horrified to discover how many I had bought, as he did a quick mental calculation as to how much money I had spent on them.

I always joke that wedding **** has taken up a monster chunk of my budget and when I really think about it, it probably has!

go to brides.com. They are having a special where you can subscribe to bride, modern bride and elegant bride for 1 year each and all for like $24.

I had read somewhere that Modern Bride is one the most useful ones and that''s the one that I chose to subscribe to. In the store, I would flip through different wedding magazines and see if you''re getting any substance. I personally like articles and useful information - not just the countless ads that fill the pages.

I am OBSESSED with Grace Ormonde Wedding Style. Nothing in there is affordable, mind you, but the people featured in this magazine have the kinds of budgets where they''re working with the best in the business, and I got some really great ideas from them. I''m a total magazine slut though, I bought every issue I could find of every bridal magazine I could find for the entirety of our engagement, so tread carefully. I literally spent over $1000 on bridal magazines during my engagement! I console myself with the reminder that all my engaged friends head to my house for magazines, so at least they''re getting plenty of use!

I have a collection of about 60. They have their own bookshelf.

My favorite''s are:

-Martha Stewart Weddings (for DIY ideas)
-Bride and Bloom (for color scheme/decor)
-InStyle Weddings (for attire/makeup ideas)

I think it depends how much time you have, and how much use you are likely to get from them. Well Wed is lovely, but you can get a lot of the same information and ideas on-line. Free, and better for the environment.

I would like to check out that 3 for one deal at brides.com

I liked Martha Stewart Weddings for ideas and Real Simple Weddings for pictures. And if you live in NY, New York Magazine''s wedding guide is great!
I think largely, these days, blogs take the place of magazines.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP