shape
carat
color
clarity

BG Emma 3-Stone Ring

BarbieB

Rough_Rock
By chance, does anyone have this setting? I currently have a three-stone ring set in BG Truthx3 setting, with a BG signature round h&a 1.2, I, SI1 diamond. The sides are around .33 each. I’m debating about changing the setting to this Emma setting by Sholdt that BG has, except doing a cushion style halo around my round diamond. Katie at BGD said to do that it would be $3000 and they would include my current side stones. I’m trying to see if anyone has this already, because I’m torn between doing this or just biting the bullet and upgrading the center stone instead.

Thank you!!

What would you upgrade your center stone to?

For 3k, I would first consider upgrading the center stone.

I had considered doing a lab grown BG diamond, I couldn’t do a true “upgrade” bc you can’t upgrade natural diamonds for lab diamonds there, but wanted to explore going up to a 2-2.5. It looks like I could get a center stone for around that from BGD in their lab grown, but then their settings for a 3-stone are still $1300+ for pretty simple.

I also need to explore doing an actual upgrade for size-I think my 1.2 was around 5-6k when we bought it 10+ years ago.

I do kind of think that I’ll regret not upgrading the center stone in some way.

I had considered doing a lab grown BG diamond, I couldn’t do a true “upgrade” bc you can’t upgrade natural diamonds for lab diamonds there, but wanted to explore going up to a 2-2.5. It looks like I could get a center stone for around that from BGD in their lab grown, but then their settings for a 3-stone are still $1300+ for pretty simple.

I also need to explore doing an actual upgrade for size-I think my 1.2 was around 5-6k when we bought it 10+ years ago.

I do kind of think that I’ll regret not upgrading the center stone in some way.

If your center stone is not what you consider to be the final one, I honestly would consider upgrade over new setting. If you upgrade the center stone down the line, it will affect the setting you are thinking of choosing today. I am always more about putting the dollars into the diamond rather than the setting, but we all think differently and if that is what works for you, go for it!

If your center stone is not what you consider to be the final one, I honestly would consider upgrade over new setting. If you upgrade the center stone down the line, it will affect the setting you are thinking of choosing today. I am always more about putting the dollars into the diamond rather than the setting, but we all think differently and if that is what works for you, go for it!

I think you’re right. I think I needed someone to point that out lol. I definitely want a bigger center stone-I think a 2.5 would be perfect for me. I’d rather put money into a diamond too. Thank you for being a sounding board!

I think you’re right. I think I needed someone to point that out lol. I definitely want a bigger center stone-I think a 2.5 would be perfect for me. I’d rather put money into a diamond too. Thank you for being a sounding board!

Best of luck in finding what you really want! Settling usually ends up in disappointment so hope you find that special diamond. If we can help in your search, please come back and let us know!

Best of luck in finding what you really want! Settling usually ends up in disappointment so hope you find that special diamond. If we can help in your search, please come back and let us know!

I will-thank you so much!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP