shape
carat
color
clarity

blue color sparke?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dolby77

Rough_Rock
so i bought a setting at the diamond district (apparently doing everything backwards by getting the setting first, or so it seemed) and my gf and i were looking at the diamonds a bit. she noticed (and I did less so) that some diamonds seemed to sparkle blue more than others... is this because they are more colorless or have a better cut? thanks!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well...could be the lighting. Could also theoretically be that those stones you saw had very strong blue fluorescence, but that is very unlikely as it's only really apparent under black light and in bright sun usually. Ideally cut stones often look "steelier" than their poorly cut counterparts IMO...so that could be it too.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
When a diamond flashes fire/dispersion, each flash has the whole spectrum in it, just separated. So if you and your GF are standing next to each other and you both see a fire sparkle, she''ll see it as (say) green and you''ll see the same flash as (say) blue, because you''re seeing it from different perspectives.

If you very slowly move a diamond in spot lighting, you can see each separate color- a single sparkle will go redorangeyellowgreenbluepurple, the whole rainbow. Sorry, this is a little difficult to put into words or perhaps I just am tired and ought to be in bed and not fooling around on PS... remember that Pink Floyd album cover? Like that- every sparkle a diamond gives off is all colors in every single fire sparkle.

My guess is, it was simply that she''s noticing some diamonds are cut better than others and sparkle more in total. There''s no way to get a diamond that will sparkle a particular color more than another.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results