shape
carat
color
clarity

Bought an eternity wedding ring with natural diamonds and three of the diamonds have high florescence

gatorsrule

Rough_Rock
I get the ring in the mail and it looks beautiful (I found some scuff marks in the platinum on the side, need to get them to fix this). I pull out my UV light and I see three diamonds glowing blue, while others are indicating no fluorescence.

Is this normal?? Should I call them and let them know they should switch them out?

Perfectly normal. Smaller diamonds aren’t generally sorted into fluorescent and non-fluorescent piles. It’s only when you get to larger solitaires that people start to have an opinion on whether they want fluorescence.

Here’s a small number of rings ranging from Victorian times to modern. The pearls in the ring on the left side, middle row, glow particularly well!

IMG_2380.jpegIMG_2381.jpegIMG_2382.jpeg

Last edited:
I get the ring in the mail and it looks beautiful (I found some scuff marks in the platinum on the side, need to get them to fix this). I pull out my UV light and I see three diamonds glowing blue, while others are indicating no fluorescence.

Is this normal?? Should I call them and let them know they should switch them out?

:)I'd ask them to switch out the Non FLuor !!!

I have a TAG watch and the diamond at 7:00 is the only one with fluorescence. I’ve had it for 18 years and I only realized it this week when I bought a loupe with a UV light. If you wear it in bright sunlight and it fluoresces, that is the only way it would bother me. All 3 diamonds in my first engagement ring had slight to med fluorescence and I literally never saw them glow in 20ish of wearing it.

Very normal for some to have fluorescence and others not. It's not a big deal at all and won't affect your ring or tje overall aeathetics

Someone posted earlier this morning about how we’re all wrong and “guild jewelers” would check for fluorescent diamonds, but now it’s gone?

Maybe I don’t have the right definition of “guild jeweler,” but here are my Tiffany Victoria earrings in their fluorescent glory:

IMG_2390.jpeg

Someone posted earlier this morning about how we’re all wrong and “guild jewelers” would check for fluorescent diamonds, but now it’s gone?

Maybe I don’t have the right definition of “guild jeweler,” but here are my Tiffany Victoria earrings in their fluorescent glory:

IMG_2390.jpeg

That was a particularly aggressive spammer. Luckily posts seem gone now

Perfectly normal. Smaller diamonds aren’t generally sorted into fluorescent and non-fluorescent piles. It’s only when you get to larger solitaires that people start to have an opinion on whether they want fluorescence.

Here’s a small number of rings ranging from Victorian times to modern. The pearls in the ring on the left side, middle row, glow particularly well!
I actually asked if they could "sort in" some Strong Fluorescents for a new pendant bail.......i got a yellow, white, blue,pink and a green :)

SORT W UV.PNG

FLUOR.PNG

Diamonds can fluoresce a few different colours under UV but in normal circumstances you would never know / can’t tell.
With larger diamonds and a lower colour grade, fluoresce can make the diamond appear whiter in sunlight and can therefore be considered desirable.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP