shape
carat
color
clarity

CAD check for a sentimental three stone ring

Elise_k

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I’m hoping to get some feedback on the three stone ring CAD below. It’s a little belated present to myself for the birth of my baby girl.

Inspo ring here:

I also want to put small birthstones (aquamarine, pink topaz and tanzanite or zircon for December) somewhere - just not sure where I can place them..

I’d also welcome any thoughts on what I can add to make the gallery a little more interesting. I usually have more open and detailed gallery, so I worry that this may look a little too plan metal-y. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks for your help!

62C13061-FBF1-4F06-959F-AE64BC7EC59B.jpeg

TXwidow

Shiny_Rock
are you totally in love with the mounting? If not, would you consider something 'different'? Will all three stones be the same size? Is the baby's birthstone going to be the larger stone?

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
I'd appreciate some milgrain or maybe some diamond shape cutouts.

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
My gut feeling is that the birthstones should go on the inside or on the underside of the shank, not anywhere visible in the main part of the ring.

I also think you need to decide if you want that sculptural metal look of the original, which to my novice eye this CAD does a very good job of capturing, or if you want that more detailed gallery. To me the special thing about the original design is the apparent simplicity and I think cutouts might look tacked on. If you want it to be more open, I would consider a more open starting inspiration.

In case it's helpful, here's the side profile of a ring I purchased secondhand that has cutouts and pave. Obviously the shape is very different from yours. Again, I like the look of yours as-is and wouldn't add anything! But of course it's your ring :)

1718296241765.png

1718296265860.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results