shape
carat
color
clarity

calling for Storm...........help!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Storm - could you please look at this pic for a start and tell me what you think about it? Would it be a bright stone? and hows the optical symmetry? Depth 64.1/64 Polish VG Symmetry VG N/N HVS1

Or any other knowledgeable PSers who can give me some opnion about this stone? Thank you!

psec123.jpg

nice patterns!
Small corners and windmills.
Yes its bright.

Not an Emerald expert but this one is beautiful
30.gif

sorry had to do something, the next question is what is the crown height?

Storm - thanks. The information just came in. Crown height is 9.8%. What do you think? I am not sure about the pattern in this ec. It looks abit different from other ec pattern I have seen.

Miss Fortune - thanks :-)

Date: 12/2/2008 9:44:55 PM
Author: megeve
Storm - thanks. The information just came in. Crown height is 9.8%. What do you think? I am not sure about the pattern in this ec. It looks abit different from other ec pattern I have seen.

Miss Fortune - thanks :-)
Right at the border, hmmmmm
with the lower crown id like to see larger corners/windmills to bring out some smaller fire.
On the other hand it certainly isn''t a bad one.

i think its stunning. higher crowns often mean a deeper stone so its a trade off but 9.8 is better than most EC's--. if you had a crown of 9.8 with a depth of 68 and a table of 67--it would be a different story--64/64 with a crown of roughly 10 is pretty darn good--and the corners on this are FABULOUS

Hmmmm, yeah what do I do now?

It says the crown angle is 35.7 an pav. angle 49.4 does it say anything to you? girdle is 1.5% is that way too thin for ec?

what is the girdle description?

FYI--my Ec is 62.5 depth/62table with a crown of 10 and change and a slightly thick girdle

Bgray - thanks! thin to thick

Date: 12/2/2008 9:56:45 PM

It says the crown angle is 35.7 an pav. angle 49.4 does it say anything to you? girdle is 1.5% is that way too thin for ec?
Whats the return policy?
I think its well worth an in person look.

Date: 12/2/2008 10:01:12 PM
Bgray - thanks! thin to thick
how big is the diamond?

Date: 12/2/2008 10:00:35 PM
Author: bgray
FYI--my Ec is 62.5 depth/62table with a crown of 10 and change and a slightly thick girdle
You are one lucky gal! Thats my sweetest spot I am looking for but hasn''t found any yet!

it looks like a good stone and I would think this would be in the running for a purchase. I have a H VS1 and I loved it, although I loved mine because it has Flor. in it. does yours have any flor?

Sometimes they will make EC look a little warm in some lights.

Date: 12/2/2008 10:06:49 PM
Author: strmrdr

Whats the return policy?
10 days. I cant see it in person. I am living in Switzerland. I am thankful to know PS and get the help and evalution from people like you, bgray and other PSers! Yes PS rocks!!!!!

Storm - is the girdle okay with 1.5%? The stone is 2.26ct

Date: 12/2/2008 10:29:04 PM
Author: ~*Alexis*~
it looks like a good stone and I would think this would be in the running for a purchase. I have a H VS1 and I loved it, although I loved mine because it has Flor. in it. does yours have any flor?

Sometimes they will make EC look a little warm in some lights.
Unfortunately, no flor
7.gif
Yours should look nicely white with flor, right?

Date: 12/2/2008 10:34:46 PM
Date: 12/2/2008 10:06:49 PM

Author: strmrdr

Whats the return policy?

10 days. I cant see it in person. I am living in Switzerland. I am thankful to know PS and get the help and evalution from people like you, bgray and other PSers! Yes PS rocks!!!!!

Storm - is the girdle okay with 1.5%? The stone is 2.26ct
more pics? video?
At that size the girdle is fine.

Megeve--everyone wishes to have the D color diamond but H is fine. most vintage EC''s floating around are GHI--. once its set -it will be a stunner!

Storm - another pic! but no video, no ASET too
7.gif

ontempring.jpg

Date: 12/2/2008 10:46:13 PM
Author: bgray
Megeve--everyone wishes to have the D color diamond but H is fine. most vintage EC''s floating around are GHI--. once its set -it will be a stunner!
Thanks bgray, what color is yours? Do you have a pic of ring somewhere for me to see? would love to!

Date: 12/2/2008 10:52:49 PM
7.gif
oh my goodness--this is a must buy! seriously a stunning stone. Megeve: my stone is an E but i would have preferred a G or H. Far more cost effective and its still a white stone. Remember Tiffany and & co sells down to I color and i can not for the life of me get a picture to post here

Date: 12/2/2008 10:52:49 PM
7.gif
looks good considering the lighting.

Bgray - glad you like it! Am adding plus points for this stone.

Storm - Can you tell me the difference betw. megascope and sarin? How accurate are the grading reports between these 2 reports?

Date: 12/2/2008 11:16:47 PM
Bgray - glad you like it! Am adding plus points for this stone.

Storm - Can you tell me the difference betw. megascope and sarin? How accurate are the grading reports between these 2 reports?
neither are very precise on EC''s sarin is much better.
CH is the only real important number the rest is pictures.

to add: i was told that sarin on emerald cut, asscher etc is very imprecise --something about jumping corners..............on my sarin the crown angle and something else came up as NA*--sometimes the machine cant compute on these step cuts

If it helps you decide if a return was possible I would say go for it.
It looks good and there would be no risk.
Without a possible return I would lean towards going for it but you have to decide.

Megascope reports meansurement for lengthwise is totally off from the GIA report about 0.75, that means the ratio became 1.14 instead of 1.26
7.gif
I actually wanted one with the ratio of 1.30 but well I could accept also 1.26 but not squarer, any thoughts?

Date: 12/2/2008 11:41:09 PM
Megascope reports meansurement for lengthwise is totally off from the GIA report about 0.75, that means the ratio became 1.14 instead of 1.26
7.gif
I actually wanted one with the ratio of 1.30 but well I could accept also 1.26 but not squarer, any thoughts?
Have the vendor hand measure it.
sounds like a bad scan

thats funny -i would have guessed a ratio of 1.35 by the photo. my stone is 1.5 which i love. i think this stone is really nice..........

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP