shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Gwen and other MWM admirers or owners - question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Can you guys tell me- what is the visual difference between the Torchiere and the Flame? The Petite Torchiere and the Flame? I know that the bands are different, but is there a difference between the two when you''re just looking at the ring (for example, does one setting make the diamond pop more than the other)?

I also read in a few older posts that the Flame is set a little lower, but the band is thinner due to being knife-edged - how would the thickness of the Petite Torchiere band compare to the Flame?

I would love to hear also from owners of MWM rings why they decided going with the one they did.

Thanks!

-B.E.G.

maiyavel

Shiny_Rock
I have a MWM, a trellis/lucida-like setting and I absolutely LOVE it. He is a perfectionist, and his work is amazing. The finish looks absolutely fluid-like... here is the thread:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-gog-2-34fvs1-in-mark-morrell-trellis.91119/

He's just the nicest man to work with also!!

Hope that helps!

Also: I wear my ring everyday and have for about a year and it still looks shiny and new!

bee

Rough_Rock
Hello BrownEyedGirl,

I just received a classic torchiere for a 1.02 ct. diamond. It's absolutely beautiful. I too struggled with trying to find the perfect MWM setting. All are gorgeous!!! It was a hard choice between the flame and the torchiere (petite and classic). After a conversation with Mark, I was convinced and completely comforted in selecting the classic torchiere. Perfect Choice!!! I like the flame; however I think the slight taper of the classic torchiere shank makes the stone "pop" a little more. I also asked Mark about the height of the flame vs. the torchiere and he stated that he had not measured the rings in that way; however he really didn't see much of a difference in the height of the two.

Also, I believe the prongs are the same for the flame/torchiere/sunburst. Also keep in mind that the pictures on MWM website are so magnified that it's difficult to get a true sense of the scale of the ring. Pricescope had me nervous about the prongs but in actuality, the prongs and the ring is completely delicate and beautifully proportioned.

The flame is 2.7mm all around, the classic torchiere is 3mm which is really on the underside of the ring and the ring tapers to 2.5mm which covers the entire top of the finger; whereas the petite torchiere is 2.5mm all around with a slight taper. The taper is very slight in the petite.

So, the way to decide is if you want a very slight taper, a taper, or a knife edge ring.

Hope this helps!

......Here's a link to my thread which gives a better idea of the scale of the ring thanks to pictures taken by Whiteflash....

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/mwm-has-done-it-again-classic-torchiere.100621/

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you ladies! That was very helpful!

And Bee and Maiyavel, your MWM rings are stunning (and Neatfreak, your ring is stunning as well, of course!
1.gif
)

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results