shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you resize a half eternity ring?

mrs k

Rough_Rock
Will this put pressure on the setting!? I was told that if I make it a tad smaller that my stones could fall out?

I have had half eternitys sized, both prong set and channel set, both sized up and down usually around 1 size, and I have not had any problems...

You can, but a maximum of about 1/2 to 3/4 size.

Thank u for ur responses :)

Most cases yes, and agree with dreamer best that it be 1/2 to 3/4 .. I have had shared prong half eternity bands sized no problem.

My channel set 1/2 eternity was sized over 2 sizes by the store. It was in stock and so I didn't have to wait they resized it. One stone they said fell out during sizing but they replaced it no problems and I've been wearing it 7 years w/o any loose stones. No odd oval shape either.

In general my trusted local jeweler says 1 size is almost always doable on a non full eternity. So I always disagree with those here who say less. But I have small fingers and have had to have a ton re-sized over the course of my life and have asked this question a lot.

I always say ask the jeweler as they know what they can and cannot do, but usually I find 1 size has always been doable. If I go for 2+ it is hit or miss with what can be sized.

Thank u - i only need it sized down 1/2 or 3/4 so will wait til after my pregnancy and take it to the jeweller that made it :)

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP