shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you share your 3 prong tennis bracelets/necklaces along with specs? Currently spiraling down a rabbit hole and need some reference points

Musa15

Shiny_Rock
Hi! I've been trying on tons of tennis bracelets and I only love the 3 prong type settings. Can you share pics of your 3 prong bracelets or tennis necklaces? I'm trying to get a better sense of what mm size to go with. Thank you!

Hi! I've been trying on tons of tennis bracelets and I only love the 3 prong type settings. Can you share pics of your 3 prong bracelets or tennis necklaces? I'm trying to get a better sense of what mm size to go with. Thank you!

Hi @Musa15. I went through the same thing. I ended up with this company and got the 4 ct, 7". I love it. I have an aset scope and I will say most of the stones are cut beautifully, but there are a few that are not. Side by side to naked eye, no difference.

Good luck!

20240611_101252.jpg

Hi @Musa15. I went through the same thing. I ended up with this company and got the 4 ct, 7". I love it. I have an aset scope and I will say most of the stones are cut beautifully, but there are a few that are not. Side by side to naked eye, no difference.

Good luck!

20240611_101252.jpg

Beautiful do you know the mm size of each stone by chance?

Beautiful do you know the mm size of each stone by chance?

48 stones...2.75mm each according to the website. I chose this vendor because the links are wishbone shaped and not the plain round back. I feel it gives the bracelet a bit more movement. Look at the settings and how they interlock on back to see which you prefer. $200 extra off with email address, and no tax.

I got mine from Whiteflash, there’s a thread on here somewhere…. It’s the 7 carat, 3 prong setting in platinum. I had it shortened to 6.25”. The stones are .18 each.
IMG_5590.jpeg
IMG_5589.jpeg

48 stones...2.75mm each according to the website. I chose this vendor because the links are wishbone shaped and not the plain round back. I feel it gives the bracelet a bit more movement. Look at the settings and how they interlock on back to see which you prefer. $200 extra off with email address, and no tax.

What do you mean by wishbone shaped? This is the current bracelet I'm considering IMG_2797.pngIMG_2796.png

I got mine from Whiteflash, there’s a thread on here somewhere…. It’s the 7 carat, 3 prong setting in platinum. I had it shortened to 6.25”. The stones are .18 each.
IMG_5590.jpeg
IMG_5589.jpeg

Gorgeous what's your wrist size for reference?

Gorgeous what's your wrist size for reference?

My wrist measure just shy of 6”. In the pic above the bracelet length was 6.5”, but I took it took my local jeweler and had one stone removed which brought it to 6.25”.

What do you mean by wishbone shaped? This is the current bracelet I'm considering IMG_2797.pngIMG_2796.png

I'm refering more to the back of the bracelet, the way the links meet. I think its a matter of preference. I liked the wishbone shaped links, some settings are completely round with a link connecting them. Yours looks like a hybrid of the two.

Screenshot_20240611_115323_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20240611_115624_Google.jpg

I'm refering more to the back of the bracelet, the way the links meet. I think its a matter of preference. I liked the wishbone shaped links, some settings are completely round with a link connecting them. Yours looks like a hybrid of the two.

Screenshot_20240611_115323_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20240611_115624_Google.jpg
Got it, I just grabbed another pic of the backside of the bracelet. Can you comment on your observations of how the different settings affect the movement?
IMG_2799.jpeg

Good luck!

20240611_101252.jpg

Thank you for posting this! I love three prong settings so you can see the shape and I feel like so many of the lab tennis bracelets I've seen are either out of the budget I want to spend on lab stones or are the continuous line style. I think this size and setting is just right!

Got it, I just grabbed another pic of the backside of the bracelet. Can you comment on your observations of how the different settings affect the movement?
IMG_2799.jpeg

I wish I could, but I'm very much a newbie here. Maybe one of the experts can chime in. I just preferred the look of the one I chose.
I was originally only going to get a 2 or 3 ct but after reading other posts here, I went with the 4. I'm so glad I did.
Can you order yours and return if you don't like the feel of it? It's looks beautiful!

Here's my necklace, it's 15", 7.5 carat 3 prong - i love the three prong giving it a "V" look, i specifically wanted the 3 prong

I wear it daily with t-shirt and leggings, it's very wearable. My bracelet is mixed cut so i wont bother posting
IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0585.GIF

Attachments

• IMG_0585.GIF
    IMG_0585.GIF
    14.6 MB · Views: 8
Here's my necklace, it's 15", 7.5 carat 3 prong - i love the three prong giving it a "V" look, i specifically wanted the 3 prong

I wear it daily with t-shirt and leggings, it's very wearable. My bracelet is mixed cut so i wont bother posting
IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0585.GIF

gorgeous, can you let me know the mm size of each stone?

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0585.GIF

Beautiful! Do you mind if I ask who the vendor was?

gorgeous, can you let me know the mm size of each stone?
I just checked my receipt, it is listed as 8 carats total. The appraisal says there are 134 diamonds and they're 2.5mm each (.06ct). I probably should have measured when i got it! I just confirmed it myself with my calipers.

Beautiful! Do you mind if I ask who the vendor was?

Sure! It was ElizabethJewelryNYC on etsy, i hope the link works. They had it as 17" but I asked for 15" and he did it 'custom'. He was super responsive and answered emails quickly. I actually totally forgot that he said he was going to increase the diamonds size since i wanted 15" and it would be 8 carats and he wouldnt charge me more. The appraisal confirmed it's 8 carats.

I have to be honest, it came and it was SO sparkly and beautiful for the price, i thought it was fake like CZ or Moissy. I took it to be appraised JUUUUUUST to be certain and the appraiser said "I have to give this vendor a thumbs up, each stone is really well matched, and its really well made, you usually see less than perfect on tennis necklaces"
I am very happy with it, it doesnt ever flip on me either. It doesnt catch in my hair or clothes. My only regret is not doing 14" instead of 15! My best non David Klass purchase! LOL!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1523048694/735-ct-diamond-tennis-necklace-17-inch-3?ref=yr_purchases

I just checked my receipt, it is listed as 8 carats total. The appraisal says there are 134 diamonds and they're 2.5mm each (.06ct). I probably should have measured when i got it! I just confirmed it myself with my calipers.

Sure! It was ElizabethJewelryNYC on etsy, i hope the link works. They had it as 17" but I asked for 15" and he did it 'custom'. He was super responsive and answered emails quickly. I actually totally forgot that he said he was going to increase the diamonds size since i wanted 15" and it would be 8 carats and he wouldnt charge me more. The appraisal confirmed it's 8 carats.

I have to be honest, it came and it was SO sparkly and beautiful for the price, i thought it was fake like CZ or Moissy. I took it to be appraised JUUUUUUST to be certain and the appraiser said "I have to give this vendor a thumbs up, each stone is really well matched, and its really well made, you usually see less than perfect on tennis necklaces"
I am very happy with it, it doesnt ever flip on me either. It doesnt catch in my hair or clothes. My only regret is not doing 14" instead of 15! My best non David Klass purchase! LOL!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1523048694/735-ct-diamond-tennis-necklace-17-inch-3?ref=yr_purchases

The link works great! Thank you! And what a wonderful review :)

I'd just like to point out that there are some secondhand bargains of mined diamond tennis necklaces in lower carat weights (4, 5, 6) that are similar in price (maybe 20% more) than new lab grown counterparts. If you want ultra performance for the price, lab grown would be the way to go, but for future resale mined could also be a good choice.

I'd just like to point out that there are some secondhand bargains of mined diamond tennis necklaces in lower carat weights (4, 5, 6) that are similar in price (maybe 20% more) than new lab grown counterparts. If you want ultra performance for the price, lab grown would be the way to go, but for future resale mined could also be a good choice.

Any websites you'd point me to?

20220911_173944.jpg mine is 7ctw LGD. I got it from 18 diamonds on EBay. I don't know if they are still in business though.

Attachments

• 20220911_173858.jpg
    20220911_173858.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 20220911_174156.jpg
    20220911_174156.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 8
Any websites you'd point me to?

The recommended seller above has prices below benchmark for a tennis necklace (6ctw lab for for $2.5k). Most of the time I see a minimum of around $3k for a necklace. For 5 carats, Grown Brilliance is $3.5k; James Allen is $3.8k. I'm a little suspect of the etsy seller being so much lower. I've comped out items from Grown Brilliance before with alibaba lab diamond sellers and they're normally a modest markup (I quoted the 3ctw huggies, Alibaba was $1700; GB was $2k).

Here's a couple: 5ctw $3.8K Komehyo (watch that clarity); 3.07ctw for $3.3k - those aren't 3 prong but if you hunt and wait, something will pop up. I won't link to The Place That Shall Not Be Named but there are some on there too.

You might be happier with a lab version and you'll still save, but a tennis necklace is one of those styles (like a diamonds by the yard) where so much of the cost is the labor and gold that sometimes you can come closer than you'd think with mined diamonds. That's why if you look for a 14kt gold CZ tennis necklace, a sturdy one with proper clasp, prongs, etc. will run you about $1k.

The recommended seller above has prices below benchmark for a tennis necklace (6ctw lab for for $2.5k). Most of the time I see a minimum of around $3k for a necklace. For 5 carats, Grown Brilliance is $3.5k; James Allen is $3.8k. I'm a little suspect of the etsy seller being so much lower. I've comped out items from Grown Brilliance before with alibaba lab diamond sellers and they're normally a modest markup (I quoted the 3ctw huggies, Alibaba was $1700; GB was $2k).

Here's a couple: 5ctw $3.8K Komehyo (watch that clarity); 3.07ctw for $3.3k - those aren't 3 prong but if you hunt and wait, something will pop up. I won't link to The Place That Shall Not Be Named but there are some on there too.

You might be happier with a lab version and you'll still save, but a tennis necklace is one of those styles (like a diamonds by the yard) where so much of the cost is the labor and gold that sometimes you can come closer than you'd think with mined diamonds. That's why if you look for a 14kt gold CZ tennis necklace, a sturdy one with proper clasp, prongs, etc. will run you about $1k.

I would disagree re pricing. It's true that large US-based retailers sell for much much more, but the closer you get to the dealers/suppliers (ie the fewer degrees of separation between production and consumer), the lower the price. I've just purchased a 4ct (3mm stones) bracelet in a round 4-prong setting (ie not a "line" bracelet but not 3 prongs) and it was a bit over $1500. Original quote was 5ct (but I have a small wrist thus tcw ended up less) in 14K for $1730.

All that said, it's absolutely true that the majority of cost in current times is labour and gold!

@pancake - that's awesome, can you share the vendor?

I was referring to necklaces above (joined mid-thread and thought that was the topic at hand). Bracelets would definitely be 1/2 the cost of a necklace, plus there's seemingly more competition, more demand and options for bracelets rather than necklaces.

I will say, you did have some big advantages in choosing lab-- your bracelet was brand new, great quality, you were able to just buy and enjoy, but it does prove my point that there are some secondhand mined bargains for about 20% more. I was hemming and hawing over whether to go for a new lab bracelet or hunt around. I ended up with a secondhand mined bracelet with 4.5ctw, hefty 14k setting for $2.2k. Appraisal came back G/H VS2. The night is dark and full of terrors for anyone going that route, but there are good options with enough bargain hunting.

I only bring it up because with lab, often the price difference is so staggering it's a no brainer, but this is one of the few jewelry pieces where it can be less of a gap than you might think.

I would disagree re pricing. It's true that large US-based retailers sell for much much more, but the closer you get to the dealers/suppliers (ie the fewer degrees of separation between production and consumer), the lower the price. I've just purchased a 4ct (3mm stones) bracelet in a round 4-prong setting (ie not a "line" bracelet but not 3 prongs) and it was a bit over $1500. Original quote was 5ct (but I have a small wrist thus tcw ended up less) in 14K for $1730.

All that said, it's absolutely true that the majority of cost in current times is labour and gold!

@pancake can you tell me more about your bracelet? Do you have pics? Who is the vendor?

Im not sure if you're referring to the vendor I posted on here from etsy being suspect but he offers returns, so that was green flag number one for me, he had 89,000 (!!) sales tracked by etsy and a 5 star rating so that was my green flag number 2, and i actually did have my necklace appraised to confirm, because you're correct, the price is lower than i had seen so i was nervous too, but it was as he said.

When i received it I reached out the the vendor and said "Hey, this is so incredibly sparkly, and your prices are lower than others, is it moissanite?" he replied "I only sell natural earth mined or lab diamonds, i have no moissanite, I am happy to refund you immediately, but i ask you take it to a jeweler, this is lab diamonds. please take to a jeweler to confirm" So, he not only offered the full refund but was telling me to go to a jeweler to confirm it was what he said

But really for me it was the 89,000 sales with a 5 star rating, you dont have that many sales if you suck, you would get shut down. They also have an ebay store with 27,000 sales and 100% positive feedback.

I don't care if anyone buys from them or not, but since i purchased from them i wanted to respond to you saying they were suspect.

I TOTALLY agree the second hand market would be ideal but there is more waiting and always he possibility of getting fake and no refunds (if its a private seller) rather than something like TRR.

I ALSO totally agree about mined vs lab being close in price. David Klass made my tennis bracelet and the mined vs lab price was pretty close but i went with mined on the bracelet because I sell my stuff all the time and i figured for resale mined was probably more desirable, and the price difference was small.

For the necklace when i was shopping i was looking at vendors I had never used before and I was thinking that the lab diamond quality was probably much better than the earth mined quality?? Like the prices are close but the lab diamonds were probably way better stats and quality than the mined, but that was just a gut feeling, cant say for sure.

Pancake, may I ask where you purchased your 4ct bracelet? I am looking for the same thing.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics