shape
carat
color
clarity

Changing stud settings, from 3-prong martini to 8-prong or ?

fonsecat

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I have 1.5 ctw studs from Whiteflash that I recently purchased in the 3-prong martini. While I love them, they are hurting my ears. I would like a setting that is lower profile, but more comfortable. Any recs? I'm considering the 8 prong, as well as the 6-prong crown setting. They also have a 3-prong basket setting, but generally I've been avoiding the basket settings since I prefer a lower profile setting. Any feedback or considerations? Appreciate your help.

Let me ask why are they hiring your ears? Are you trying to sleep in them? Are they drooping? Knowing why they hurt might give you a better answer to your dilemma.

I have the four prong basket setting in platinum. I didn’t want to take the chance of irritation with gold. I don’t think they sit any higher than the six or eight prong settings and they are less expensive as well. I prefer a setting with a flat bottom and the settings don’t dig into my ears and obviously don’t have a post to stretch my piercing. I do not wear them to sleep or shower in though.

Let me ask why are they hiring your ears? Are you trying to sleep in them? Are they drooping? Knowing why they hurt might give you a better answer to your dilemma.

I have the four prong basket setting in platinum. I didn’t want to take the chance of irritation with gold. I don’t think they sit any higher than the six or eight prong settings and they are less expensive as well. I prefer a setting with a flat bottom and the settings don’t dig into my ears and obviously don’t have a post to stretch my piercing. I do not wear them to sleep or shower in though.

Thanks so much for your swift response! I've had them since 9/27 and have been wearing them daily - not for sleeping or showering. I've never been able to sleep in earrings. These studs are platinum and I have jumbo backs so there isn't any drooping. I believe that the point of the prongs joining the rod of the stud is just causing irritation. It seems my ears are a little sensitive. I've been wearing them daily in hopes that my ears would get used to them, but I'm finding that the irritation and pain is significant enough that after a week I would prefer to try a different setting within my return window.

Helpful to receive your feedback on the baskets. I pivoted to looking at the 8 prong and they are significantly more expensive. Whiteflash has been very responsive, and have even offered a three-prong basket. I just need to make a decision and thought it would be helpful to hear from others with similar sized studs and different settings to weigh the options. Everything is beautiful! This is a big investment for me so just want to be happy with the new setting choice.

I have 2.0ctw studs in the 8 prong martini in platinum. I've found them to be very comfortable. I also have the jumbo backs. The setting is rounded at the bottom and I find it very comfortable!

I have 1.4ctw studs from Whiteflash in the Sasha Primak 4 prong basket in platinum. They are very low profile and sit great on my ears! The settings were a little pricy, but my piercings are stretched and I needed a flat back. They will special order them for you!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP