shape
carat
color
clarity

Cleaning your diamond! Help!

kel12345

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone!
I need help, I recently got engaged and of course the first few days my diamond was perfectly clean. However, after 4 or 5 days I noticed it needed some cleaning. I used the warm water, dawn and soft baby toothbrush trick and it left all of these white marks. Possibly water marks (hard water marks)? Or residue? Dirt? They were not there when I first got my ring so definitely either dirt that I’m not removing or water marks. I txted my jeweler and she said it just needs to be professionally cleaned. So I did a ton of research and read up on @kenny ’s method of 91% rubbing alchohol and compressed air and it definitely helped! But I’m still getting some of these spots. Almost like condensation spots, I believe it’s on the side of the diamond. It’s a 4 prong platinum solitaire setting. I would rather avoid ultrasonic (I don’t want to loosen my prongs over time) and I don’t want to have to take it in every week to get it professionally cleaned. So any advice would be super appreciated. Thank you!
IMG_4319.jpeg

P.S. I came across another post by @mrwish who seemed to have the same issue as I have had so I’m including their photo that came out better than mine. If you see this @mrwish did you ever figure out the trick?!

Attachments

• IMG_4320.png
    IMG_4320.png
    640.4 KB · Views: 0
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics