shape
carat
color
clarity

Closet-lurker no more!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

My name is Jen and I have been a lurker for a couple of weeks now. I have learned so much from this site! I have been avoiding registering as a user because I know that I''ll end up spending *too* much time on here. But I can no longer hold back. I had to join. I''m an official PS''er now! Yipeee!
36.gif

Jen

P.S.> Can anyone tell me how to change my avatar?

I''ve figured out how to change my avatar, I just need to resize the pic I want.
1.gif

Welcome Jen
1.gif

Hi and welcome fellow gem lover!!!

Date: 9/18/2006 10:37:12 PM
Author:jenniegirlm
Hi everyone,

My name is Jen and I have been a lurker for a couple of weeks now. I have learned so much from this site! I have been avoiding registering as a user because I know that I''ll end up spending *too* much time on here. But I can no longer hold back. I had to join. I''m an official PS''er now! Yipeee!
36.gif

Jen

P.S.> Can anyone tell me how to change my avatar?
ahhhh welcome :) So... what''s your story? Do you have pictures or dreams? or both!? LOL!! :)

Welcome, Jen!

Pretty ring. Tell us a bit about it, and show us more pics!

hello, and welcome
35.gif

Welcome!
35.gif

Welcome. Enjoy the addiction.
27.gif

Hi there
35.gif

If that is your ring in your avatar - it is lovely! Yes, more pics!
emrose.gif

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! I have been married for three years now. My husband and I got married young (early twenties), and we paid for most of our wedding even though we didin't have that much money at the time. My engagement ring was a .39 SI1 K RB in a 4-prong Tiffany-style setting and my wedding ring was a 7 stone .31 ctw H-I/I1 band. It was very petite set, but I loved it. I could only notice the yellow tinge on my K-colored solitaire from the side under certain lighting. Otherwise, my wedding set pretty much sparkled all around and I was happy with it.

About a month ago, I lost my wedding band AND my engagement ring soldered next to it! I was upset, and I believe my husband was more upset than I was. We searched everywhere for it - my car, the house, we retraced my every step, but we never found it. I cried over it and blamed myself for being so stupid! I still don't know how I lost it. I remember noticing that I didn't have it on and guessed that I probably left it at home. But when I got home, it wasn't at the jewelry box that we usually put our rings in. I don't even remember if I wore it that day. My best bet is that I must have put lotion in the car and probably put it on my lap and forgot about it - a bad habit I'll never do again!

My husband and I are very sentimental. I would have never upgraded my set. I was so attached to my rings that I couldn't bring myself to even shop around for a new set. Some of my girlfriends told me that the bright side is that I could upgrade, but for me it just wasn't the same. After all, my wedding ring was blessed by the minister and was prayed for right before my husband slipped it on my finger at our wedding!

I though about wearing my promise ring for a while - it was melee diamonds shaped into a heart and set in yellow gold (my husband gave it to me when we were teenagers). I really liked it but I wanted it to be in white gold, so I started to research rhodium plating... that's when I found Pricescope. After that, I started searching threads on "I lost my wedding ring" and I felt better to know that I'm not alone!

After the initial shock and denial I finally agreed to look for new rings. At first I thought that getting a whole different "look" would make me feel like I'm not replacing my rings but just getting a" different" set. We tried the 3-stone, the center stone with side stones, etc., but whatever we did, I still kept falling in love with the solitaire+diamond band look. After researching here on PS, my husband and I bought my AGS000 .504 RB G SI2 in a cathedral setting witha melee diamond on each side. It's soo pretty! I punched in its specs into HCA and everything was marked 'excellent' (I'm still not used to bigger diamonds so we stuck with 0.50... somehow it caught my eye immediately and it looked close to a .70 to me.) We didn't buy online, and I know we probably overpaid by buying locally, but I couldn't stand the agony of having a "naked" left finger anymore (the promise ring doesn't really say I'm married) and was a little hesitant of buying something I couldn't hand pick myself. My next diamond purchase will definitely be through a reputable online jeweler. I'm dreaming of a Tacori rosebud and 3-sided eternity band when we renew our vows in the future!

I'm planning to purchase a half-eternity band from Signed Pieces but am still deciding on what size stones to get (I like the .04's and .05's but that's like the size of my old band and I'd like to go with .07's or even .10's -my e-rink shand is 2.5-3.0 mm - do you think they might be too big? I will also post about it in Rocky Talky). After all the searching, I'm actually ending up with almost the same rings I had before - only with better quality!

I'm okay now, but still think about my old ring from time to time. But my new ideal cut diamond makes me smile everytime I see it sparkle.
30.gif
While I decide on a wedding band, I'll be "engaged" for a while... hey, at least it now it no longer looks like I'm dating a married man!
31.gif

Pics of my new e-ring (forgive me if they're too big!):

My wedding bouquet was made of calla lillies. :)
callaliliesBWcloseup.jpg

Synthetic flower pic:
3.gif

JensNewEngagementRing9-03-06011.jpg

Side veiw:
JensNewEngagementRing9-03-06009.jpg

Hand shot: I wear a size 4.5, but my fingers look HUGE here!

JensNewEngagementRing9-03-06003.jpg

JensNewEngagementRing9-03-06002.jpg

I am so sorry to hear about your ring, your heart must have dropped! But, you have a lovely ring now, and try to think of that! It is so pretty on you, and hopefully your other one is in a happy place!

Date: 9/20/2006 1:33:10 AM
Author: diamondfan
I am so sorry to hear about your ring, your heart must have dropped! But, you have a lovely ring now, and try to think of that! It is so pretty on you, and hopefully your other one is in a happy place!
Thanks for the kind words, diamondfan! Yes, my heart dropped and I felt sick to my stomach for days...I do try to focus on the new ring now.
1.gif

I think there is nothing worse than thinking you have lost something (esp. a ring!) and then actually not being able to find it. I lost a ring my mom gave me, just thought about it one night and went looking in my jewelry box and it was not there. Searched all over, and since I cannot remember when or where I wore it last, I am screwed. Maybe someday it will show up when I am not expecting it..but I know that feeling, even though this was not a ring from my dh! But, you were able to get something new and wonderful, so that is a nice thing too!

WELCOME

The last photo of your ring is great! It really shows what a nice stone you have. Sorry about your first ring.
7.gif

Thanks, Stone Hunter.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results