shape
carat
color
clarity

Curious...how many of you wear more than one necklace at once??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
I''m just wondering b/c lately I do see many women wearing say a diamond solitare necklace and then another one with it. (in terms of celebrities Giada De Laurentiis comes to mind)
Does anyone here do this?

Do you think it is tacky?
Do you think it looks good and if so in what situations?

Thanks!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I have been layering two dainty yellow gold necklaces with tiny pendants lately - I saw a couple of celebs do it in mags, and liked the look. But, it''s hard to pull off - I couldn''t do it with anything but tiny, delicate jewelry, and the necklaces have to be just the right length - I wear a 16" with an 18".

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope, I can''t do it. I also can''t wear mismatching color metal. It''s a mental thing with me. I like symmetry in my jewelry so an earring in each ear, a necklace, a bracelet on one wrist, a watch on the other, and 1 ring on each ring finger.

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
vesper I agree if I did try it it would have to be with delicate pieces. I''m intrigued by it I think it can look really nice but you are right you need to pull it off just right or it will look off

Hudson I can''t mix metals either. I have a yg ring my granmother gave me but the rest of my things are wg and I can''t seem to wear the yg ring with the other stuff.
My mom says you can mix and match but I can''t seem to do it dunno why...

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I''ve seen the look and really like it, with delicate jewelry as mentioned. If a HAD two necklaces, I''d definitely be rockin'' that look. Unfortunately, I don''t even have one yet!
39.gif
But I''m gonna get a solitaire pendant for myself next summer and maybe I could aquire a small gemstone one by then to pair with it. A 16" with an 18" would also be the way I''d go. If I had the money to burn I''d get two smallish ACAs, a princess and a round! I get carried away so easily!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
And I like to mix metals, but not two different color necklaces. They''d both have to be in white gold.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a pic of my necklaces that I layer - one is YG with a diamond, the other has a citrine, which is my son''s birthstone:

IMG_1454layer.JPG

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Kelli your idea about a princess and round ACA paired together is divine!!! Now you''ve got me thinking...hee hee

Yeah I think 16'' and 18'' work well together.
I don''t have two that I can pair either.
I have a pre-PS circle pendant and wonder if I got a smaller circle pendant on a shorter length, if that would work???
vesper I was just going to ask you if you could pls post a pic of yours
VERY NICE I love that one has a diamond so classic and then you have your son''s birthstone personal and sentimenal so cute! My mom says people should wear their birthstone as it brings luck to that person! So that''s a thought I had too a diamond and then maybe my birthstone an aqua...

I hope more ppl chime in I''d love to get more opinons and hopefully pics
I really also like the idea of a diamond with a gemstone again great idea kel!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
I love that look with different lengths of DBTY. Saw it in a magazine recently and thought it was gorgeous!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2008 2:14:18 PM
Author: btrflygrl23
Kelli your idea about a princess and round ACA paired together is divine!!! Now you''ve got me thinking...hee hee

Yeah I think 16'' and 18'' work well together.
I don''t have two that I can pair either.
I have a pre-PS circle pendant and wonder if I got a smaller circle pendant on a shorter length, if that would work???
vesper I was just going to ask you if you could pls post a pic of yours
VERY NICE I love that one has a diamond so classic and then you have your son''s birthstone personal and sentimenal so cute! My mom says people should wear their birthstone as it brings luck to that person! So that''s a thought I had too a diamond and then maybe my birthstone an aqua...

I hope more ppl chime in I''d love to get more opinons and hopefully pics
I really also like the idea of a diamond with a gemstone again great idea kel!
Thanks btrflygrl23! If only I could afford these ideas I have! LOL! I have no gemstone necklaces either, and my birthstone is a ruby so THAT''S not gonna happen anytime soon!
22.gif
22.gif
22.gif
One day though....
27.gif
31.gif

Vespergirl I think those look GREAT together! I love them both!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear two delicate necklaces together all the time. One is my diamond bezel pendant and the other is a necklace with a tiny silver hammered square. I think the look is great if the two are similar and delicate.

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Oh kcoursolle that sound very pretty and delicate...any chance of a couple of pics pls?
Yes, I think if the two are delicate enough it works too bulky and I think it may look vulgar over the top

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
I tried it with my diamond bezel and my diamond 3-prong pendants and it looked awesome! BUT, after only a couple of hours, the chains got all twisted together and I was afraid they''d get a wicked knot that would be impossible to get out.

For those of you that wear more than one, do you have this problem also???

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2008 4:37:48 PM
Author: luvmyhalo
I tried it with my diamond bezel and my diamond 3-prong pendants and it looked awesome! BUT, after only a couple of hours, the chains got all twisted together and I was afraid they''d get a wicked knot that would be impossible to get out.

For those of you that wear more than one, do you have this problem also???
Usually it''s fine, but sometimes they do get twisted. The chains that are different lengths do better for me.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love to wear to together but all I get is a twisted mess after an hour or so (16"-18")

ladymentha

Shiny_Rock
I tried doing that before, but it didn''t work out too well. My chains were two different lengths but near the end of the day, it got all tangle together. So now it is one pendant at a time.
38.gif

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
i used to wear two necklaces all the time. i mean all the time, as in everyday cause i loved them both and couldnt decide. however they always got knotted up in themselves. i was always trying to keep them apart and it is hard on the chains. i now wear a new one all by itself because i am afraid that something will happen to it if i wear it with another.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do sometimes. I have these discs that are studded with diamonds and I think they look better with more than one. I also sometimes wear long strands of beads with other stuff mixed in, of different lengths.

LostieLovesBling

Shiny_Rock
Me! I do this. I wear a bezeled diamond slide that fits a bit snug and then I usually wear a longer beaded necklace. I love the look. I feel it elongates me.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I''ll wear multiple beaded necklaces together with no problems. I have garnet, jade, coral, amber, and onyx strings of beads, so I sometimes wear whichever combination of those goes with my outfit. I also wear multiple strands of pearls sometimes (I hope it was ok for me to say that!).

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I often wear a pendant or a diamond riviere with a 32" strand of 9mm pearls.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I do! Sometimes I wear 3. All different lenghts. I miss match metals too! I always wear my rosegold star necklace as my short one. It never comes off.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2008 7:21:50 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
I often wear a pendant or a diamond riviere with a 32'' strand of 9mm pearls.
That sounds gorgeous! I love long strings of pearls.

LostieLovesBling

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/10/2008 9:26:34 AM
Author: emeraldlover1
I always wear my rosegold star necklace as my short one. It never comes off.

I would love to see a photo of this. Sounds very pretty
30.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I do occasionally, but nothing flashy, like I will wear two Roberto Coin tiny treasures together for fun, one at 16", the other at 18". I don''t do it all the time because they do get knotted and twisted together and it bugs me to have to take them apart.

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
i love the look, but can''t stand the way it feels on my neck! the multi/varied lengths are very flattering and fun. i''ve tried various pieces, and they all tend to end up tangled together or i feel like i''m hanging myself.
32.gif

most success with long strand of pearls paired with another necklace. the long strand gets doubled or tripled to become the "shorter" piece, and the other necklace gets tucked in or ends up as the longest. fun options!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2008 12:57:39 PM
Author: vespergirl

Date: 10/10/2008 7:21:50 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
I often wear a pendant or a diamond riviere with a 32'' strand of 9mm pearls.
That sounds gorgeous! I love long strings of pearls.
ditto, it really sounds beautiful!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i only wear one.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I prefer one nedklace at a time.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Oops I meant necklace
26.gif
32.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results