shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom 1.31 Ct Alexandrite (strong color change) and diamond Art Deco platinum ring

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
To mark my firstborn graduating high school, I had Joe Escobar Diamonds in Silicon Valley (where I live) source me an untreated/unheated 1.31 ct Alexandrite for a custom ring project last year. I apologize for the delay in posting the final result til now!

I’ve been starry eyed over this stone since the year 2000 when I saw my first Alexandrite set in a magnificent estate piece from Russia, and the stone became even more significant in 2005 when my first child, Alexander, was born.

I just love the color change property of a good Alex. To me it feels like it has a secret superpower. So when the AGL Prestige report for the 1.31 Ct bluish-green Alex came back with verification of a “very good” color change of “prominent to strong 80-90%”, unheated/ untreated and of likely Madagascar origin, I was quite pleased to buy it. In real life my Alex goes from an attractive bluish -green in daylight (most situations) to warm purple in incandescent light.

I then worked with Joe Escobar Diamonds to custom design a bold Art Deco style setting in platinum with two trapezoid F color, VS clarity side diamonds (.50 ct tw). The crown has 6 baguette and 4 round diamonds (.06 ct tw) all F-G VS quality.

For the stone deliberation thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/need-feedback-on-natural-1-31-ct-alexandrite.274055/

Below are photos of wax carving model, daylight shots, incandescent shots and also a comparison of the ring in daylight vs incandescent.

IMG_7886.jpeg IMG_7885.jpeg IMG_5222.jpeg IMG_5242.jpeg IMG_5300.jpeg
IMG_5206.jpeg
IMG_5219.jpeg

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results