shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom earring project

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who or what company will make custom earrings if you supply the pearls?

What kind of earrings? If standard studs, I'm pretty sure Pearl Paradise will be able to help. You could also order the findings and glue yourself and set them. It's very easy.

If you're thinking something special/custom/hand forged you'll need to find a good jeweller who is confident working with pearls. Sally from Heart of WaterJewels has made some stunning earrings for me.

What kind of earrings? If standard studs, I'm pretty sure Pearl Paradise will be able to help. You could also order the findings and glue yourself and set them. It's very easy.

If you're thinking something special/custom/hand forged you'll need to find a good jeweller who is confident working with pearls. Sally from Heart of WaterJewels has made some stunning earrings for me.

Thanks for your response Siameseroo! I am purchasing a pair of large South Sea drops and want to make a custom set of drop earrings. I'll check out Sally's website.

Thanks for your response Siameseroo! I am purchasing a pair of large South Sea drops and want to make a custom set of drop earrings. I'll check out Sally's website.

Photos please! Here are the earrings Sally made for me (well actually they were a birthday gift for my mum).
IMG_9683.JPG

IMG_9682.JPG

Photos please! Here are the earrings Sally made for me (well actually they were a birthday gift for my mum).
IMG_9683.JPG

IMG_9682.JPG

I also recommend you check out PP and other online vendors. If there is a certain drop earring finding you like, they may be happy to set your pearls for you.

Also, I think a PSer had WhiteFlash make a pair of diamond drop pearl earrings; I seem to recall the pearls were hers, but either way maybe worth an email to WF if you're thinking diamonds + pearls?

Also, I think a PSer had WhiteFlash make a pair of diamond drop pearl earrings; I seem to recall the pearls were hers, but either way maybe worth an email to WF if you're thinking diamonds + pearls?

Thanks marymm. I looked hers up, I may go that route.

Your new drops are beautiful but quite big. Do you have a good tolerance for weight on your ears?

Is there any settings design that you are keen on? If so, maybe you can share and see if anyone can point you to ready made designs. Should be more economical then customising. Of course if you have a unique design in mind then custom is the only way.

If you are customising, any decent workshop/jeweller should be able to help and you don't need to be restricted to a pearl vendor. Pearl vendors will have more experience setting pearls but not necessarily in creating settings. Do you have a regular jeweller?

by icy_jade » Today at 10:20 AM Your new drops are beautiful but quite big. Do you have a good tolerance for weight on your ears?

I know they are quite big, I haven't worn big pearls except for a pair of metallic baroques which are about the same size. Will they be too heavy?

They are stunning!

I would think that any bench jeweler could make your earrings. If you have photos of a design that you like or a clear idea as to what you want it shouldn't be an issue. Of course custom work is expensive as it's very time consuming. Much less expensive to find some nice findings.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP