shape
carat
color
clarity

deciding between these 3 - what do you guys think

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stilllooking3

Rough_Rock
used a lot of your advice and found the folloing three. what do you guys think. i like #1 or #3.

#1 #2 #3
$5,400 $5,700 $7100

ROUND ROUND ROUND
1.15 1.04 1.13
IDEAL IDEAL IDEAL
I I H
VS2 VVS2 VS1
GIA GIA GIA
DEPTH 62.5% 60.7% 61.4%
TABLE 56.0% 57.0% 56
EXCELLENT EXCELLENT EXCELLENT
EXCELLENT VERY GOOD VERY GOOD
MEDIUM THIN TO MEDIUM THIN TO MEDIUM -------

NONE NONE NONE
NONE NONE NONE
6.67 * 6.70 * 4.18 6.55 * 6.60 * 3.99 6.55 * 6.60 * 3.99
CROWN 35 34.5 34.1

PAVILION 41 40.8 41.1

Cut advisor 2.3 Cut advisor 1.3 Cut advisor 2.2

there is also a vs2, h, ags0, 1.12 c (.09 on cut advisor) for around 7k too. what do you guys think? looking to wrap this up this week!

thanks!!

AGS 0 H VS2 gets my vote.

I like #2 the best. The cut is superior to the others. You don''t need the VVS2 for my tastes and might find a similr cut for less money in a VS2 or SI1. Good luck.

same here, but i guess my other quesiton is .... if i don''t blow the budget with the AGS0, which of the cheaper ones shoud i get? (i.e. 1 vs 2. one has vvs2 vs vs2, smalle but better cut on the cut advisor.)

when compaging .7 - 1.8''s on the cut advisor to anything in the "2 range" - of corse i would like to get the better grade. however, is a 2.1 - 2.3 that much worse?

thanks in advance!

I''d definitely go for the AGS0. If not, I''d get #2. The cut looks better on that one, and cut really had the biggest impact on the beauty of a stone. I don''t know that I''d pay for vvs though.

Date: 11/26/2008 1:33:41 PM
Author: stilllooking3
when compaging .7 - 1.8''s on the cut advisor to anything in the ''2 range'' - of corse i would like to get the better grade. however, is a 2.1 - 2.3 that much worse?

thanks in advance!
I don''t really know how much worse. Certainly they could be just fine. But without seeing them in person, I''d definitely feel safer going with under 2, or sticking with the AGS0, because then you KNOW it will be a great performer.

#1 looks slightly steep and deep. I would avoid that one.

Definitely helpful and will look into something lower than the vvs2. what do you guys think about the price for the ags0? I didn’t really want to spend over 7k, but it is a very good cut and size.

Just wondering f if I could find any in the low 6k.

I would go for 1 if you have acess to IS to verify performance?

Date: 11/26/2008 1:28:06 PM
Author: JulieN
AGS 0 H VS2 gets my vote.
Ditto

"I would go for 1 if you have acess to IS to verify performance? "

what does that mean? the GIA/AGS report sheet?

ok, went down to "i" and vs2. what do you guys think about this? 1.5 on cut advisor, but soo much less $$$ and looks big, correct?

$5,785
Carat weight:1.23

Cut:
Ideal

Color:
I

Clarity:
VS2

Depth %:
61.9%

Table %:
57%

Symmetry:
Ideal

Polish:
Ideal

Girdle:
Thin to very thick

Culet:
None

Fluorescence:
Negligible

Measurements: 6.83 x 6.90 x 4.24 mm

there are no angles

crown: 35.1

and

pavilion: 40.7

not as good a cut as #2 but its not bad either....get idealscope image for this to know if good or not

not sure how to get that image. is there any concern that this is too low priced for that size. it''s on BN. thanks!

O, BN well i dont think would supply an IS then and no i do not think the price is bad or say the stone is bad, BN just has lower prices.....so really, what is your exact price range, maybe if you tell us we could help you, also are you really just wanting H color and above and vs2 and above, let us know so we could better help you out......just let us know everything that you really want in a stone ie: size, color preference, clarity preference, and exact budget thanks....oh, and do you just want BN stones?

range is $5850 max for the diamond

started with g, h and now after reading all what is posted am ok with I

would like at least a 1.03+ (bigger looking top)

vs1/vs2 or better

ideal cut or h&a cut

ex/ideal for polish/clarity.

THANKS!!!

None of these come with idealscope images.....but Jamesallen will give them to you when you ask for them and if you need help understanding or picking the best diamond when you get the idealscope images just post them, we will be more than happy to help you ok. The pricescope discount will appear when you click on a diamond link, you get a discount just for posted here on pricescope(neat huh). Here is what i have found....

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/H-VS1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1192252.asp

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/I-VS2-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1195081.asp?b=16&a=12&c=77&cid=131

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/I-VS1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1193747.asp?b=16&a=12&c=77&cid=131

also do not forget about #2 diamond you posted and the last BN diamond you posted, those would be nice too.
Unfortunately this is all i found in your range, if you went down in clarity to SI1 or down in size you would have more options but this is what you have with your specs and budget.

ok, so i will go with either #2 or the bigger BN one. is the girdle any concern on the BN stone? (Girdle:
Thin to very thick) on the bigger one? (1% - 4.6%)

should be fine

Date: 11/26/2008 4:26:06 PM
Author: stilllooking3
'I would go for 1 if you have acess to IS to verify performance? '

what does that mean? the GIA/AGS report sheet?
That means if you have access to an Idealscope image for that diamond, so you can see how it looks. Idealscope is a reflector image which shows any light leakage in a diamond. Some vendors will supply these on request.

https://www.pricescope.com/idealscope_indx.asp

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP