shape
carat
color
clarity

Delicate Twisted Rope Wedding Band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
morning ladies,

I had mosted this question yesterday in rocky talk, but perhaps because the ring doesn't contain a single diamond (gasp!) there wasn't an overwhelming response...

I'm still on the hunt for a wedding band. I don't know why, but i'm having heaps of trouble settling on one. i think that part of the problem is my e-ring is currently set so it doesn't allow a band to sit flush. (i'm currently leaning towards an east-west reset)

anyway, i was all set on a plain platinum band because you can't really go wrong with something so classic, when i stumbled upon this beauty.

it's a vera wang band and looks beautiful and delicate and sort of unexpected but lovely. however, i know nothing about it or how much it might cost or if it comes in something other than yellow gold or if there is some other alternative out there...

firegodess was kind enough to post one idea, but too me it looks somewhat flimsy one alternate

so, if anyone has any ideas or has seen it in person, i'd love to know.

thanks!

lulutwisted band.jpg

lovelylulu,

I looked around a bit for this band but was unable to find much that was similar. (I do agree that it is lovely!)

I think it''s sounding like a custom piece to me; make sure you get the right size!

I haven''t seen anything similar, but I''ve gotta say....I love my Vera Wang rings!!!
9.gif
And they really are surprisingly reasonably priced. More expensive than, say e-weddingbands definitely, but not as hyped up designer as you would think. I would recommend calling them (or Michael C Fina or someone else that carries the line) and getting a price quote and asking if you could get it in wg/platinum because you might be pleasantly surprised!!!

thanks for the effort!!! i''m having the same trouble.

albi are you there -- might you, being the proud owner of a vw ring -- know anything?

albi -- you must have been posting at the same time i was crying out for your insight
emstar.gif
i will get on the telephone! i''m excited to have come across a design that makes me excited!

and really glad to hear that the prices aren''t obscene!

Hehe yay! Good luck!!! I''d love to have a Vera Wang twin!!!!
9.gif

For my setting though, it was comparable to a lot of other micropave settings, with the exceptions of Michael B and Daniel K which were wayyyyy higher. But the VW was just a tad higher than Wink''s, and about the same as Ritani I think!

this band doesn''t have diamonds, so i''m hoping that might help keep the cost reasonable.

and while i love the vera style i am open to other rings that have the same feeling, they are just really hard to seek out...

Hey Lulu ... someone on here posted David Yurman wedding sets that had twisted bands like that. They were looking to reproduce that look cheaper - which is why I found those twistie bands (which I agree - look CHEAPER).

Ya might try David Yurman. Also -- paging you to The Knot Bio thread!! Message awaits re: your honeymoon destination!

Found it here, in 18K for $300: VW twisted wire ring.

Platinum would probably be about twice as much, if it''s available. My fiancé and I were looking at similar braided rope rings from a company called Nautical Gold Creations, but they don''t seem to have the style on their site anymore. They might still be able to do custom work though.

selkie: you''re amazing!!! i''m so impressed that you tracked it down.

that price isn''t too crazy -- although, i''m beginning to think that it might not come in white gold/platinum because the only pictures i''ve seen are yellow...

does anyone know a general timeline for a custom piece? i''m getting married in about 50 days!!!

deco: thanks for the david yurman suggestion -- i''ll give their NY store a call!!

now off to the other thread to answer a question about what is perhaps my favorite topic

honeymooning
9.gif

Ah, it''s just a matter of figuring out the right way to word the Google search. That''s a seriously cool ring. I think the trick with going custom is finding a jeweler who already carries a similar style, and knows the technique. 50 days might not be an unreasonable amount of time for a relatively simple style like this. Most likely, they would take a pre-made gold wire ring, twist it, and solder them together for the three band style. Same thing for platinum. I''d check local custom jewelers, and get estimates. Good luck!

shoot! i''ve called two places and neither has the ring -- although one lady said that she thinks that it would come in platinum. i got all excited. then she said that vw is terrible, just terrible when it comes to time. apparently well over 8 weeks to ship. not going to work because i have just under 8 weeks.

grrrrr.

the search continues.

going to definately check out custom.

Did you call the Vera Wang retail store in New York that carries her entire line of jewelry?

Wonder if they''d accept a phone order? Or have one in stock in your size?

My impression from my fiance''s relatively small bit of information he has let leak about the process...is that it did take a very long time.
7.gif
He said all rings were made to order and they don''t keep any around (ie. for my wedding band which is not custom and a size 6, it still took a number of weeks). I can''t swear that this is always true, but I''m afraid it might really take too long for you!
39.gif
BUT I wouldn''t give up yet!!! Try calling someone else, and see if maybe they could rush it? And also if they really do make everything to order, they shouldn''t have any trouble doing it in platinum for you! Good luck!!!! (whether you end up trying for the VW or going custom!)

i will call the vera wang ny mecca. perhaps that''ll be the ticket.

i called NYC and was told that little pretty does NOT come in platinum. hmmm. quest? i''m emailing them now. but i think they might not fancy me so much, because I''ve already contacted them about resetting my ering and decided not to do it now b/c of $$ contraints...

my fingers are crossed.

do you think there is some sort of structural intergrity issue that prevents the ring from being made in platinum?

7.gif
Sorry to hear that Lulu!!! I feel like I let you down.
39.gif

Anyway, good luck with Quest!! I can''t imagine there would be anything about platinum that would mean they couldn''t do that? But I really have no reason to believe that...

no worries albi -- it''s vera who let me down.
9.gif

come on quest.

Update:

I got a quote from a jeweler and for a platinum band in the same style it''d be $1350

The 18k selkie found was priced at $300.

So does over $1000 more seem really overpriced?!?!?!?!?

Platinum is at a 30 year (or more) high right now ... over $1300 an ounce I think.

I''m sweating it too ''cause my e-ring is platinum and even simple engraved bands big enough to "stand up to" my ring are over $1000 (most $1500 or more)

39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

i thought i had been reading that platinum prices were rising - and i have no reason not to trust the jeweler (in fact, quite the opposite) -- i think that i just need to hear it reaffirmed by you gals.

14.gif

fiancee doesn''t have a huge problem with the price -- originally i was looking at pave bands that were about the same price as this custom band, so he''s already been through this once
9.gif

I think i''m going to go custom. exciting, but scary.

Quest is the jeweler. They must have heaps of PSers now!

Although, I just let them know I''m not certain when I can actually make it to the store in person (no car and out of town a lot), so I asked if the project can proceed without a meeting...

Do you think that''s silly, not to meet in person?

Oh, cool! You''re going for it, eh? I''m looking forward to seeing how that turns out. I''m getting concerned about the price of platinum too. Luckily, my e-ring was ordered just before prices started to really go up, but there''s still the wedding band to worry about.

Lovelylulu, your band sounds like it''ll be beautiful! I worked remotely with Quest on both my e-ring & w-band & have nothing but fabulous things to say about them. You''re in good hands.

I''m glad I made my platinum purchases a few months ago before the price increase!
32.gif

Ladies,

I committed to the ring!!! Quest is going to make it and they''ve assured me that it''s not a hard design to create
emstar.gif
They can also make it in time. phew.

too bad platinum is outrageously priced right now...maybe it''ll go down some for those of you that still need to buy.

Great news! Please post pics when it''s done, I''m really curious to see how it turns out.

Well I can''t wait to see this platinum rope beauty!!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP