shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond analysis - IGI 1.11 H-VS1 please help!

dakbh123

Rough_Rock
Hi guys, my first time posting on this forum. I tried to get some help on reddit, but most people didn't seem very knowledgeable, so hoping to get a bit more insight from here!
I purchased this diamond but there is still 7 days before shipping, so i can cancel before that. Just like many people here, I am going to propose to my dear girlfriend soon, and I wanted to buy the best diamond within our price range. I'm from Canada, but our budget for a loose diamond is $3,400 USD (or about $5,000 CAD).

I've done the best I can researching the 4 Cs and types of certs (I know GIA is the gold standard), but I found this particular diamond (3,370 USD) that may have been overlooked due to its IGI cert as well as the 60/60 cut which I've read is less common now due its more difficult-to-achieve quality cut.

Anyway, since I'm ordering from James Allen, the best I can go by is pictures/videos and third-party assessments. I've included all the documents that I've used to assess the quality of the diamond; please let me know if you think this was a good buy, or if I should pick something else.

My gf wanted a minimum of 1 carat, so I felt like this 1.1 carat with a larger table (which will make it look slightly bigger than its typical size) was a good choice. I am a little worried about the color though, since IGI H can be something like GIA I or even J. Will it be noticeable on white gold/plat setting?

Here is the link to the diamond page (IGI report inside): https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...-color-vs1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-21210531

And I've attached my other assessments that I used to try to evaluate it a little more.
Any and all opinions will be highly welcomed, thanks everyone.

Attachments

• HCA analysis 626409005 (1).pdf
    481.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Diamond 626409005 online estimates in USD (1).pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results