shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond pendant vs diamond e-ring DILEMMA

diamond_lover_30

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I have a -beautiful- dilemma and I would really appreciate your help!

I have a 1ct engagement ring (1.02) heart shape, vs1 g color. My hubby bought it for me 10 years ago. For our anniversary he told me that he would love to buy me a bigger stone with better grading color too (2ct F color).

I’ve always wanted a pendant, but now that I know that it would be bigger than my ering I’m not sure anymore. What would you do? Would you create a new ring and reset my ring into a pendant? Would you go pear, round, heart shape or oval? Can you show me some pics? I don’t want to go into a shop and try them out and then just leave without buying, but I also wanted to do the “right choice”.

I’ve read a lot of topic about ratio between ering, pendant and earring so for reference my earrings are 0.5 each.

Thank you so much
xxx

I think a 1ct heart makes for a great pendant size, and I would likely upgrade my ring to a 2ct and wear the 1ct as a pendant. I don’t think there’s any real need to get hung up on the ratios between earrings/rings/pendants because what suits you will depend on lobe size/finger size/shoulder or chest width.

In terms of shapes, you should see what suits you. A round is generally a safe crowd pleaser, but is usually a bit more expensive. You clearly like heart shapes, since you had a heart ering already, but if your studs are not hearts I actually would keep all the shapes different which adds a bit more interest imo. Out of pears and ovals I find both shapes flattering on most hands and also have the best spread, but of course are harder to evaluate for cut quality. I personally would pick oval because it has a similar elongated spread as a pear but is safer as it does not have a tip that needs protecting, is generally priced a bit cheaper than a pear all else being equal, and I like how the shape looks on my hand (large hands but short fingers).

diamond_lover_30

Rough_Rock
I think a 1ct heart makes for a great pendant size, and I would likely upgrade my ring to a 2ct and wear the 1ct as a pendant. I don’t think there’s any real need to get hung up on the ratios between earrings/rings/pendants because what suits you will depend on lobe size/finger size/shoulder or chest width.

In terms of shapes, you should see what suits you. A round is generally a safe crowd pleaser, but is usually a bit more expensive. You clearly like heart shapes, since you had a heart ering already, but if your studs are not hearts I actually would keep all the shapes different which adds a bit more interest imo. Out of pears and ovals I find both shapes flattering on most hands and also have the best spread, but of course are harder to evaluate for cut quality. I personally would pick oval because it has a similar elongated spread as a pear but is safer as it does not have a tip that needs protecting, is generally priced a bit cheaper than a pear all else being equal, and I like how the shape looks on my hand (large hands but short fingers).

Thank you so much! You’re so kind and you’re answer is super informative! I did not knkw that different shapes have different prices…

I’m gonna turn it into a pendant. Do you think that a halo will be too much for daily wear?

Just for reference: my studs are round. My ears are quite big, my neck and chest slim and my fingers long and slim (4.5 size).

diamond_lover_30

Rough_Rock
Definitely make the 2 ct. your engagement ring and make the 1 ct. a pendant. That should work out very nicely!

Thank u! Do you see a big difference in size if you compare 1ct and 2ct?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it’s all personal preference. My largest diamond is set in a pendant that makes it even bigger haha.

Part of my decision was that I wanted to always be able to wear the pendant if I wanted without feeling self conscious and people are much more keyed into the sizes of diamond erings than pendants.

My diamond rings and diamond pendant:

diamond_lover_30

Rough_Rock
I think it’s all personal preference. My largest diamond is set in a pendant that makes it even bigger haha.

Part of my decision was that I wanted to always be able to wear the pendant if I wanted without feeling self conscious and people are much more keyed into the sizes of diamond erings than pendants.

IMG_4536.jpeg

It’s stunning!

IMG_4536.jpeg

wow! It’s stunning! Love your rings too

Thank you so much! You’re so kind and you’re answer is super informative! I did not knkw that different shapes have different prices…

I’m gonna turn it into a pendant. Do you think that a halo will be too much for daily wear?

Just for reference: my studs are round. My ears are quite big, my neck and chest slim and my fingers long and slim (4.5 size).

You’re welcome! I think a halo pendant is just fine for everyday wear. My daily pendant is 1.5ish carat in a halo and I love it.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
@Wrkbrk has a heart shaped diamond pendant necklace I love. Scroll down to post #297 in this link.
1719161989409.png

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally, I would repurpose the original heart shaped diamond into a pendant or whatever that I would wear, most likely to be either a RHR or a bangle bracelet.

As for the new stone, it will be either an emerald cut or an OEC as they are the two cuts that I love.

DK :))

diamond_lover_30

Rough_Rock
@Wrkbrk has a heart shaped diamond pendant necklace I love. Scroll down to post #297 in this link.
1719161989409.png

I loveeee it! Thank u!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results