shape
carat
color
clarity

diamond reserved, your opinion please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sunsetviewer

Rough_Rock
Premium
Finally it''s my turn to ask an opinion! Here are the stats:

.92 round H&A
GIA excellent
H VS2
table 55.5%
depth 62.1%
crown angle 34.6
pav angle 40.7
girdle=med to sl thick
HCA coming out at 1.1
fluorescent=strong blue (vendor is checking this outside, I think I will like it)

I''ll try to attach pics. Thanks for your input, i''ve been reading off and on for a few years and I''m pretty excited to be at this point.

jannaxray.jpg

aset

jannaset.jpg

Very nice. The reflector images look terrific and sb fluor in an H color can be very attractive.

clarity is great

jannaclarity.jpg

Its going to be a beauty!!!

Looks like a winner to me!!!
30.gif

emthup.gif

Thanks for your replies. I think it's very cool there is a website like this.

I'm still waiting on the fluorescence double check and brilliantscope before it's a done deal. GOG has been very great to work with in answering all my questions. I guess I just needed some reassurance, as the only other diamond purchase I've made was a set of .8 ctw ready set go studs from Whiteflash, which by the way are great, (but DSS sunk in and I am wanting to upgrade someday.
25.gif
)

When I bought them I didn't have all the scopes and reports to go over and second guess, etc.. My husband listens but after a point I think he zones out a bit. Somewhat like what his snowmobile talk does to me. I do listen and I'm happy for him but it's just not my thing, and I've tried too
26.gif
I guess that's why there's a place like this, right?

So, what if the brilliantscope doesn't come out with a very high score, just high. Since the scope pics look great should I not worry about it? Any opinions on that?

Looking forward to any replies.

Date: 11/29/2008 2:22:11 PM
Author: sunsetviewer
Thanks for your replies. I think it''s very cool there is a website like this.

I''m still waiting on the fluorescence double check and brilliantscope before it''s a done deal. GOG has been very great to work with in answering all my questions. I guess I just needed some reassurance, as the only other diamond purchase I''ve made was a set of .8 ctw ready set go studs from Whiteflash, which by the way are great, (but DSS sunk in and I am wanting to upgrade someday.
25.gif
)

When I bought them I didn''t have all the scopes and reports to go over and second guess, etc.. My husband listens but after a point I think he zones out a bit. Somewhat like what his snowmobile talk does to me. I do listen and I''m happy for him but it''s just not my thing, and I''ve tried too
26.gif
I guess that''s why there''s a place like this, right?

So, what if the brilliantscope doesn''t come out with a very high score, just high. Since the scope pics look great should I not worry about it? Any opinions on that?

Looking forward to any replies.

You already have what you need less the assurance that the diamond looks good in the sun.

The Brilliancescope is a widely touted piece of equipment that has failed the test with both GIA and AGS when they looked at it for use in their cut grading analysys. It has very credible critics who say it is not what it should be, yet still many insist on seeing the report when looking at a diamond.

With the ASET and other photos that we have seen we already know all that we need to know about the appearance of this diamnond with the possible exception of the fluorescence, the brilliancescope will not add nor detract from it in any credible manner.

Wink

Everything looks great. I am sure it''s a beautiful stone!

Well since I have the most posts on this topic I might as well just continue
26.gif
. I''m excited about it!

No need for worry on the brilliantscope. The results were as high as you can go on white light and color light. Scintilation was on the line of high/very high. (this makes me VERY happy)

Jonathan at GOG said the fluorescense was definitely not a problem, I''m just going to quote him as I let him know I was going to and I don''t think he''ll mind,

"There is an *ever so slight* blue you¡¦ll see in lighting that emits long wave UV like natural daylight/sunlight that functions in a positive manner in this particular diamond. This diamond is a *great* example of positive influence of strong fluorescence on a diamond. If it were here long enough for me to do a teaching video on fluorescence I would use this very diamond."

He also said,

"Lol while I was by our large front windows I had it alongside an F VVS2 I have here in inventory and when I showed my security guard he thought yours was whiter. ļ No overblue though so you are totally safe. "

My husband and I are pretty excited about the fluorescence, and as a bonus it should be a great way to know the diamond is mine.

So anyway, I''ll get it next week, and if I can manage to get a few good pics in outdoor light I''ll try to post them.

Sounds fabulous! Looking forward to more pictures, and particularly to how you like the blue flour (BTW, I''m a fan!).
36.gif

Awesome congrats!!!!

Looks gorgeous to me!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP