shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond studs help

• Thread starter Thread starter SR
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SR

Rough_Rock
Hi Guys,

I was looking for some diamond studs about .75 total weight. Blue Nile had them for around $1100. But Sarraf.com had the listing for same weight, same clarity etc for about $666. The only difference I saw was between the two was 14k/18k gold, which really isn''t a big deal I suppose. But that''s a big difference in price. Neither come with any reports etc. Does anyone know anything about this site(sarraf) and if it''s OK to go with these earrings? Or any other good advice?

Here are the links.

http://www.sarraf.com/jewelscart2000/store/jewelscart2000_viewItem.asp?idProduct=16928

http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-earrings-white-gold_5152?nav1=jewelry_segment.jsp

Thank you!
1.gif

Date: 12/1/2008 1:43:45 PM
Author:SR
Hi Guys,

I was looking for some diamond studs about .75 total weight. Blue Nile had them for around $1100. But Sarraf.com had the listing for same weight, same clarity etc for about $666. The only difference I saw was between the two was 14k/18k gold, which really isn''t a big deal I suppose. But that''s a big difference in price. Neither come with any reports etc. Does anyone know anything about this site(sarraf) and if it''s OK to go with these earrings? Or any other good advice?

Here are the links.

http://www.sarraf.com/jewelscart2000/store/jewelscart2000_viewItem.asp?idProduct=16928

http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-earrings-white-gold_5152?nav1=jewelry_segment.jsp

Thank you!
1.gif
Welcome!

I know nothing about the first company, as to BN they are a reputable business and sell good quality diamonds, but with these preset diamonds we know nothing about the cut quality - and this is so important as this is what will get you beautifully sparkly earrings! I would suggest looking for loose diamonds from BN - if you would like our assistance with that then just let us know, or consider something preset like Ready Set to Go studs from www.whiteflash.com

Thanks for the suggestion. OK, here''s my story :) I just purchased .50 tw earrings for my 12 yr old daughter from BN. They are pretty but I''m not sure how good the quality is. The reason I''m reconsidering is that they look a little small(to me) and I still have 30 days to decide to return the earrings for something else. I''m considering going up on the size as she is growing and they may be a little too small for her in the future. I don''t want to spend a lot of money(she''s only 12 and may lose them) so what do you think would be my best bet for about $1000? The custom ones seem to run a lot higher, right?

Date: 12/1/2008 2:03:22 PM
Author: SR
Thanks for the suggestion. OK, here's my story :) I just purchased .50 tw earrings for my 12 yr old daughter from BN. They are pretty but I'm not sure how good the quality is. The reason I'm reconsidering is that they look a little small(to me) and I still have 30 days to decide to return the earrings for something else. I'm considering going up on the size as she is growing and they may be a little too small for her in the future. I don't want to spend a lot of money(she's only 12 and may lose them) so what do you think would be my best bet for about $1000? The custom ones seem to run a lot higher, right?
Here is another suggestion. How about if you considered buying some loose diamonds from a company like WF which were eligible for the upgrade policy? That way you could increase the sizes as your daughter grows and matures? You could contact WF to see if they could find you a matching pair in your budget to set as earrings, or alternatively ask them to source you two diamonds which might be suitable and would be eligible for upgrade.

However you might be pleased with a pair of RSTG from WF due to the excellent cut quality, this can make even smaller diamonds really pop!

Excellent idea! I really did want something I could upgrade so I''m not stuck with a bunch of small diamonds along the way. So how should I go about this? Contact them? Or are the choices listed on their website? Thanks again.

Date: 12/1/2008 2:18:15 PM
Author: SR
Excellent idea! I really did want something I could upgrade so I'm not stuck with a bunch of small diamonds along the way. So how should I go about this? Contact them? Or are the choices listed on their website? Thanks again.
I would contact them, explain the situation, what you are looking for and that you hope to upgrade them over time as your daughter gets older and your budget - and see what they can come up with for you! See if Lesley H is available, she is fantastic to work with, but all the WF team are!

And you are most welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP