shape
carat
color
clarity

Do most owners of truly nice diamonds appreciate them?

RedSpinel

Shiny_Rock
This might seem like a strange question to be asking people who visit or post on this forum, but I wonder if the average celebrity or wealthy person who buys or is given a gift of a top quality, or large(or both) diamond who might not be really "into" the hobby are likely to really appreciate these stones? Or do they just see it as an expression of wealth and thats all?

Do most bother to learn about the ins and outs of diamonds, either white or colored, and really take the time to look at them regularly and appreciate them, like most people here would do, or do they just wear them every once in a while, then put them back into a drawer and forget about them?

Do most just see them as bright, but superficial image or appearance enhancers to accent that evening's choice of clothing?

I am not wealthy or a celebrity, but I have always loved diamonds and jewelry..long before I ever found PriceScope. It does not take a high level of technical knowledge, in my opinion, to appreciate high quality jewelry. PriceScope knowledge did allow me to increase the quality of my diamonds and other jewelry, but those who are very wealthy and buy their diamonds from VCA, Cartier, HW, Tiffany, etc. are assured of getting nice quality, and I would certainly think they would enjoy their jewelry! Liz Taylor comes to mind.

I'm sure, like everything else, it varies person to person.

I hope that they do, it seems like such a waste if not. Elizabeth Taylor certainly seemed to enjoy hers. As far as the general public though, I think that many see their engagement rings as beautifully symbolic and probably don't take the time to truly consider it's origin, how it came to be, what makes it unique, or the science behind how it's cut and what makes it sparkle. I think it's evident by the masses that still shop in Maul Jewelry stores, that the majority of people, don't view diamonds or jewelry at all the same as a PSer does. I wore a very poorly cut diamond for years and years and thought it was the most beautiful ring in the world and not once did I ever it look at it and wonder more about it. Funny, because back then I still had more knowledge about diamonds than most anyone I knew. :lol: If it was an F VS1, then it had to be beautiful! :shock: So fortunate to have found you all! :praise:

Well, some of you may know me...I'm Brad Pitt and my lovely wife Angelina loves her diamonds, but only I know how to use the HCA... therefore I, Brad Pitt, love and appreciate my diamonds almost as much as I love my image being the new face of Chanel No. 5.

That's what I would say if I were Brad Pitt. :bigsmile:

I appreciate them and all the stress and drama that surrounds them, and I am ridiculously careful with them, with one obvious exception, constantly cleaning and babying them and louping them. :errrr:

Love it Tristan!!(oops, I meant Brad Pitt :lol: :lol: :lol: )

I sure love and adore mine! I was at a concert last night and when the lights were on full in the arena, I'm angling my fingers to get the most sparkle action I could find! My DH thought I was insane (well... you may be a bit correct there... :loopy: ) but the lady beside me was fascinated and we chatted about diamonds and she was impressed with the info I was telling her.

I have always loved jewelry - especially diamonds - so I can say from my perspective, I sure appreciate the items I've purchased :bigsmile:

Enerchi|1337649109|3200588 said:
Love it Tristan!!(oops, I meant Brad Pitt :lol: :lol: :lol: )

I sure love and adore mine! I was at a concert last night and when the lights were on full in the arena, I'm angling my fingers to get the most sparkle action I could find! My DH thought I was insane (well... you may be a bit correct there... :loopy: ) but the lady beside me was fascinated and we chatted about diamonds and she was impressed with the info I was telling her.

I have always loved jewelry - especially diamonds - so I can say from my perspective, I sure appreciate the items I've purchased :bigsmile:

OMG too funny! I'm always trying to position my ring in the sun just so to blind the guy behind me at the drive thru! :lol: I like to imagine that he can see the fire roarin off it at 30 ft away. I'm hoping one day to be rear ended! Thats an accident report I'd enjoy filling out. "I'm sorry officer, my diamond blinded the poor man and he ran straight into me!' :oops: :lol:

TitanCi|1337648332|3200574 said:
Well, some of you may know me...I'm Brad Pitt and my lovely wife Angelina loves her diamonds, but only I know how to use the HCA... therefore I, Brad Pitt, love and appreciate my diamonds almost as much as I love my image being the new face of Chanel No. 5.

Hey Brad Pitt, It's me, your friend George Clooney, and I figured that was you, but I had to post this thread to make you "out" yourself!

Anyway, I think Liz Taylor was an example of a celebrity who loved diamonds, as she even named a perfume after them as I recall.

RedSpinel|1337663892|3200727 said:
TitanCi|1337648332|3200574 said:

Hey Brad Pitt, It's me, your friend George Clooney, and I figured that was you, but I had to post this thread to make you "out" yourself!

Anyway, I think Liz Taylor was an example of a celebrity who loved diamonds, as she even named a perfume after them as I recall.

What's up, Clooney? Bet you didn't know Stacy and I get together and plug in random numbers into the HCA and AGA cut grader, do you? ;))

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP