shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone have examples of removable choker pendants ?

Hjgdfhst123

Shiny_Rock
I bought a beautiful large square amethyst. I plan to set it as a pearl necklace clasp (much like this one worn by Katherine Heigl - https://www.pricescope.com/communit...celebrity-politician-etc-pearls.176628/page-2). This seems like her personal jewellery - she has worn it multiple times.

I however, want to make the piece versatile. I want to be able to remove the 'clasp' and wear it as a brooch or a pendant on a simple gold chain. So, asking if any of you have any examples of detachable necklace/choker clasps?

Thanks in advance!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
edited to say
hmmmm you want a clasp and i want a pendant so im not sure if we really are talking about the same thing
but this is still something to think about .....

i want to do this with a vintage 'cameo' i won at auction late last year, i think we need an enhancer type bail, i want to wear mine as a brooch and then to be able to also choose which type of necklace to wear it on, say on pearls and then just a silver chain pendent style
it is presently set as a brooch, i do not think this would be difficult for either yours or mine

i have seen these types of findings on etsy but the freight to NZ seems extream

i have a diamond and sapphire pendant i brought from the mall jeweller but only recently worked out how the enhancer fitting worked, it allows the pendent to just slot into a necklace between the knotted beads
but as that pendent is not a brooch im assuming we would want our's set so that the enhancer bail folds down out of site when worn as a brooch

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are two ways to achieve this.
The cheapest is a simple converter bought off say Etsy. The tube section simply slides over the brooch pin. This system may not be perfect depending on where the brooch pin is and how wide the pin is.
The better alternative, especially as you are having it made, is a hinged bale at the top. The bale folds in behind when worn as a brooch.
IMG_9741.jpeg IMG_9741.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9742.jpeg
    IMG_9742.jpeg
    193.8 KB · Views: 6
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results