shape
carat
color
clarity

Does Fluorescence & Cut matter in smaller diamonds (bracelet, rings etc.)?

cremj

Rough_Rock
I am looking to buy a tennis bracelet and also an eternity ring for my partner.

I already put the deposit down on a full eternity ring for 1.5ct natural round brilliant cut diamonds, 2.5mm width, Colour G, VS/SI. But I forgot to ask about the Cut and Fluorescence. I’ve asked the jeweller to confirm the Cut - is VG/EX acceptable? how common is having a Fluorescence in some of the diamonds?

Still searching for a tennis bracelet but now considering whether fluorescence matters as much as one I saw was nice but a couple of the diamonds had fluorescence.

Thanks

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fluor doesn't matter unless it bothers you. Cut matters and clarity matters in such small stones

freddyboston

Shiny_Rock
It's expected have some fluor stones in a Natural mix of melle / smalls - If one had a tennis bracelet and none w/fluor... most likely its synthetic/Lab.

Last edited:

jjca

Shiny_Rock
I have a TAG watch - with diamonds. I've had it for 15 years or more. I bought a loupe with a UV light and saw that one of the diamonds has strong fluorescence. I literally never noticed it - all these years. Also saw that some accent diamonds in other pieces have some, too. Never noticed those, either.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results