shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald Cut Diamond Studs

retailresale101

Rough_Rock
Why is it that people don’t seem to get emerald cut diamond studs? I’ve seen very few posts about emerald cut diamond studs and hardly ever see them in person or online, especially larger carat weight pairs. Meghan Markle has been seen wearing a pair pretty regularly, which got my attention - they’re stunning!

Could be that emeralds have a different look to them in terms of sparkle vs. rounds. I think smaller emerald cut studs may not show up as much on the ears as rounds.

I have emerald cut studs (small ones though, I'd love to someday get a larger pair but there's a looooong list of jewelry goals before that since I own a few pairs of studs lol) and I love them! I don't know why I don't see them more often. I find ECs so chic, they're one of my favourite diamond shapes.

They are very different from rounds (which I also have) - the longer broader flashes of light look very different compared to the more splintery, fiery flashes from rounds. Also, ECs need to be clean to perform well (as in, clean as a whistle, else they can look dull) while rounds are a tiny bit more forgiving.

Some people also don't like wearing studs that are askew, so the rectangular shape can drive them bananas because they may not line up perfectly and/or move during the day. My studs don't really move once they're in though (at least, not that I notice anyway), and it doesn't much matter to me if they do.

Why is it that people don’t seem to get emerald cut diamond studs? I’ve seen very few posts about emerald cut diamond studs and hardly ever see them in person or online, especially larger carat weight pairs. Meghan Markle has been seen wearing a pair pretty regularly, which got my attention - they’re stunning!

I'm an EC lover but will not get EC studs as the alignment issue would drive me absolutely nuts...

Recently I was going to compromise by getting Asscher studs but even the rotation on its axis bothered me so I didn't go through with it!

Last edited:
I think round studs are universality flattering. I would love a pair of emerald cut studs but the shape does not complement me.

My concern would be that they'd get dirty (as all studs do), but ECs would get dull quickly due to how they are cut and the need to keep them clean

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP