shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Bands – Advice Needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mishamish

Rough_Rock

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had any good insight into purchasing the engagement band. The prices of loose stones are clearly available on this site, but I wasn’t sure how much the price of the band itself varies. As a price conscious consumer, the main question that I have is if it makes more sense to buy the band at the same online retailer as I buy the stone. That way they can set it and I’ll be all set. Or, if I should shop around and buy a band separately. Also, if the band doesn’t fit right, will there be any issues re-fitting the ring through an online retailer? Does a local shop make more sense for the band?

The type of band that I’m looking for is one that has small diamonds along the band itself (not sure what its called). Should I look for a certain rating or cut on those stones, or are they pretty standard?

Finally, my last question is white gold or platinum? Is there a noticeable difference, and is there an additional maintenance with the white gold?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's easiest to buy the band from the vendor you are buying the stone from and have them set it. Whiteflash has many reasonbly priced settings similar to what you are describing, as well as great prices on stones and good customer service.

As for price they really vary wildly. Bands can start as low as $250 and go well up over $10,000 depending. And YES the cut of the stones on the band matters too, which is why you want to buy from a vendor like Whiteflash who uses ideal cut melee stones in their settings. It won't be a problem to get it sized as long as it's not an eternity style, at either a local jeweler or by sending it back.

WG or platinum is a personal choice but I prefer platinum. You do have to get white gold rhodium plated, sometimes frequently depending on the wearer's body chemistry.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results