shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Engagement ring! 2.3 cushion brilliant rose gold from Brilliantly Engaged

jayb52

Rough_Rock
Initial thread is here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cad-help-please.233900/

An engagement ring is a big purchase on numerous levels, and I wanted to get the perfect ring for my soon-to-be fiance (spoiler alert: she said yes--woo!). PS was an incredible resource, and I wanted to show the final results and give some positive feedback for Chris at Brilliantly Engaged. Chris did a stellar job, both with the education process and the final product.

Regarding the process, I had a rough budget and a good idea of what I wanted based on feedback from my girlfriend and a similar ring that BE made in the past. She loves rose gold and "vintage" looks, and I thought a cushion cut diamond would really make her happy.

Chris spent 3-4 hours over 3 separate meetings teaching me how to look at diamonds and the differences in the various cushion cuts, showing me diamonds, and he helped me set reasonable minimum parameters for color and clarity (I imagine like most, I wanted to maximize carat at lowest acceptable color and clarity). He also walked me through the economics of diamond pricing, how they make their money and a comparison of BE's mark-up vs. an online retailer like Blue Nile or James Allen.

My subjective conclusions?

1) Being located in NYC is a big advantage. BN, JA, etc., are great resources, but if it works for you geographically, I would encourage going in person. A video is no substitute for holding a diamond and seeing it with your own eyes. BE (and others) are sourcing the same diamonds, so you'll probably end up paying less for the same diamond as well.

2) If you're looking at cushion cuts, Crushed Ice < Cushion Modified Brilliant < Cushion Brilliant. It wasn't even close. To my layman's eye, crushed ice diamonds paled in comparison, and the 8-main cushion brilliant had so much more sparkle to it. I didn't look at any old mine cuts. The trade-off, I understand, is that cushion brilliants are somewhat harder to find and cost more. I thought the premium was more than worth it.

Constructive feedback?

I appreciate Chris is busy servicing a number of clients simultaneously, but I do wish he would have been more proactive with status updates. I have my own clients with my job, and I find people really appreciate a proactive status update without them having to ask. Often I was the one reaching out, and when I did Chris was prompt with information. In the end it worked out perfectly, and there were no issues with getting the ring before the estimated completion date.

OK, enough blabbering...the ring! It's a 2.32 ct, I-color, SI1 center stone, with two rows of pave on the halo. I was extremely pleased with the finished product. Infinitely more important, she LOVES it. She said she looks at it every day and can't believe how beautiful it looks. She has olive skin and the rose gold is very flattering, and the sparkle, especially in sunlight, is really impressive. Photos below. Feel free to post or PM me if you have further questions.

Jamie

Attachments

• JamieGhalo.jpg
    JamieGhalo.jpg
    339.7 KB · Views: 79
  • Jamiehalo3.jpg
    Jamiehalo3.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_6158.JPG
    IMG_6158.JPG
    381 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_6159.JPG
    IMG_6159.JPG
    236.6 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_6225.JPG
    IMG_6225.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 73

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Glad you had such a positive experience with your Vender, a smooth process with such a significant purchase is wonderful testimony. And your ring! Its absolutely gorgeous :love: congrats on your engagement!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond, beautiful ring!

Congratulations on your engagement!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That is so pretty.:love: I just love a happy ending, and we of course love hand shots. Congratulations!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's absolutely lovely

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's brilliantly beautiful! best wishes for a long and happy marriage.

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!
Very pretty ring, love the rose gold.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's really elegant, looks lovely on her! :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful! Congratulations!

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Stunning! :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations that you found the perfect stone and setting for you and your fiance. Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials.

Nitedula

Shiny_Rock
Premium
You obviously put a lot of time into making sure you got exactly the right ring, and it shows! It looks gorgeous on her, and I love the flower-like profile.

Shopaholic

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement and the beautiful ring!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!!! Both the stone and the setting look amazing.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So gorgeous! You did a great job! Congratulations to you both!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous and looks absolutely wonderful on her!!! :love::appl:Congrats on your engagement!

thorstedswife

Shiny_Rock
Yay for happy ending !! It is absolutely lovely ! Congrats !!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! It's beautiful.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out beautiful! So glad you got to see some different types of cushions in person!

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow your ring is beautiful! Congratulations!!!

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock

Wow, your ring is gorgeous! :love:
Love cushion diamonds and I love that you picked rose gold.
BE does beautiful work, I worked with them with my cushion ring.
You have a really beautiful ring, wear it in good health.
:appl:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! It is lovely!

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Congrats!!

airplay355

Shiny_Rock
I just had my second ring made by BE (the first ring was made when they were still ERD). I worked with Mark the first time and Chris the second. I found similar things, like...

You have to reach out for an update even if the last communication says "I'll update you later today".
I sometimes got the feeling there may be miss communication via e-mail.
They say 3 weeks to completion and 6 will go by before it's ready.

HOWEVER, and this is a big however, the finished product is better than you expected and at half the price you would get anywhere else. To me, this is the most important thing so I'll continue to go back for 3rd, 4th, etc rings. They really are great to work with and both rings ended up being beautiful.

As did yours! I never really thought I liked yellow gold before (I usually go for white or platinum) but that ring looks great. :love:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's lovely!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results