shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement ring for girlfriend. WOW. I''m clueless!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

andren85

Rough_Rock
I''m starting to look at engagement rings for my girlfriend. I am going to pop the question within the next couple months. I did take her to get an idea of what she likes and dislikes. This is what I came up with...

--Round cut solitare
--6 prongs
--Basic whitegold or platinum ring

I''m looking between 2.5K-3k

Im in sales and reaslise that everything is negotiable. The local mall diamond retailers seem like such a hige scam. Any suggestions? Hows ebay with diamonds? Any good websites I should pay attention to? Thanks!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please stay away from the mall and ebay. If you are in sales you know that if it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

How much time can you/do you want to invest in this? To make it easy pick a Whiteflash ACA stone (they are a wonderful vendor with a great upgrade policy). If you want to learn more there are a ton of resources above near the ad banner where you can spend hours reading.

Cut is what makes a diamond sparkle, so you want an ideal cut. And it''s important WHO says it''s ideal, you want AGS to say it''s ideal OR for it to fall into the GIA "Ex" category and then get a good score on the Holloway Cut Advisor (under TOOLS above).

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
since you mentioned you''re in sales: "if it''s too good to be true, it probably is."

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
I''d look at spending significantly less on the setting (not easy, with gold at the price it is, but feasible) and more on the diamond. Problem is 0.7-0.9 ACA are very thin on the ground...

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
You might explore something like this...

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Get a WF ACA! Spend the most on the stone. That''s what we did. I got a simple cathedral setting from a local mall store for $330. That allowed me to spend quite a chunk on the stone. The setting probably isn''t permanent, but that''s the point of it being cheap. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results